Subdomain on .tk domain

Question

Alright, what I need to do is have subdomains on my .tk account... I've seen it done before ( on a large scale, I might add ) here, but I can't seem to get it to work for me. I don't know how to get the PHP source of a site to see if it's done that way ( or ASP or something ). But I have PHP on my host so I was wondering how I might put it to use in such a manner.

Pretty much, I want to have my friends able to put in forum.fubarshibby.tk and then it would put them at fbrshibby.50free.net/forum/index.php - my original .tk domain, www.fubarshibby.tk, goes to fbrshibby.50free.net

Does anybody know how I would be able to do such a thing? I Googled it and searched the PHP site, but I can't seem to find a way to grab the entire address in the address bar in the first place. I figured that would be a starting point at least, but I can't even find that....

So... any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I just did some investigating and found out that they use PHP also... So if anybody knows how to download a full PHP file that has not been parsed by the server, then I would be truly grateful for that.

6 answers to this question

If you are going through http://dot.tk then in the preferences you should be able to enter the actual path to your site and it'll work how you want it to work.

Thats what i did for one of my sites a while back: www.downed-mysery.tk

I tried something else and it looks like it will be more difficult than I thought. At first I thought that $HTTP_HOST wouldn't work from what I was reading, well I guess misreading, on the net, but in fact it does show the subdomain as well as the domain. The problem is, it does not reflect what is in the address bar. That's what I need.

Ah crap... I was afraid I'd get an answer like that. I was messing with javascript, but it wasn't giving me anything good, but perhaps they've put up walls to things like that. Oh well, it's not a big deal anyway. It's just my personal page and forum.