[NFL] Sapp a Bengal?

I was shocked when I read this.

3/19/2004

MIAMI (AP) - Warren Sapp is ``very close'' to signing a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals, his agent Drew Rosenhaus said Friday night, potentially ending his nine-year run as one of the cornerstones of the Tampa Bay defence.

The defensive tackle had been in negotiations with at least seven other NFL teams, Rosenhaus said, since not being immediately re-signed by the Buccaneers. The deal could be done by Saturday, he said.

``They've definitely become the front runner,'' Rosenhaus told The Associated Press. ``It could be just a matter of hours.''

Full article here. Will it happen?

Whoa, as if the Bengal's defense would improve with his fat arse.

Go ahead and sign him, he'll eat all the food in Cincy.

I can't stand Warren Sapp. He talks like he's the best player on a team when he's probably the fattest. He hops around the field like he owns it [bumping into refs?!].

As long as he doesn't end up in Pittsburgh, Cower isn't done crippling their offense..he can leave the defense alone.

that is surprising. he doesnt seem like the typical Bengal. The typical Bengal sucks though, so this might be a good thing for cincinnati.

I can't stand Warren Sapp. He talks like he's the best player on a team when he's probably the fattest. He hops around the field like he owns it [bumping into refs?!].

As long as he doesn't end up in Pittsburgh, Cower isn't done crippling their offense..he can leave the defense alone.

You do realize that Warren Sapp is a great athelete for a man his size and he's one of the greatest, if not the best, lineman in the NFL?

You do realize that Warren Sapp is a great athelete for a man his size and he's one of the greatest, if not the best, lineman in the NFL?

Considering the amount of money that he [or any player makes], they should be athletic. And I seriously doubt that he's the best.

Well, I can tell you that the whole city is pumped up to hear the news that Sapp has been signed by Cincy. Honestly, I hated him the first time he tackled Chad Clifton of the Packers and then got into a shouting match with Packers coach. What ****ed me off was that he showed no remorse for it nor did he apologize to the player involved. All he said that it was a part of the game. :angry:

Being close to Cincinnati, I can tell you they'll like it. Simply because they had a better season last year and with the Ravens not getting T.O., it means that it will be a nice competition with the Steelers getting Staley and Cleveland getting Garcia. So, the AFC North will be a competitive division if Warren Sapp goes to the Bengals.

it's funny when he plays TE sometimes haha

:rofl: I remember when he grabbed a TD pass and then started doing a Beyonce booty shake ... damn that was scary

No. I didn't realize that. Nor Wil lI ever realize that, because that isn't even close to reality. The best lineman ever? Wow. That's...just....incorrect. :laugh:

No. I didn't realize that. Nor Wil lI ever realize that, because that isn't even close to reality. The best lineman ever? Wow. That's...just....incorrect. :laugh:

agree w/ boog, he's not the best lineman by far, couldn't hold a candle to reggie.

I didn't say best limeman ever. I said "he's one of the greatest, if not the best, lineman in the NFL." That means out of the people that are currently playing.