nVidia Soundstorm

I have heard of the nVidia soundstorm but what is it? An onboard codec or an onboard hardware soundcard and what are its features?

Does it come with ASUS A7N8X Deluxe?

it uses the ac'97 codec, it's an onboard soundcard, and yes it comes on the A7N8X-DX, it's 6 channel sound, it sounds awesome once you get it working, but actually getting it working can be a pain in the ass sometimes

Sorry if I caused any problem and Yes I am buying a nw Rig :)

no no problems.. but i was just wondering.. sometimes ppl make like 10 different thread.. every time a new one for a new component.. :wacko:

its a decoding that can turn 2 channel stereo into surround sound. some versions utilises extra data in the audio stream for the surround sound but some can create the surround sound off a simple stereo stream

you've just described dolby prologic, or prologic 2

Dolby Digtal (formerly Dolby AC-3) - the approved 5.1-channel (surround-sound) audio standard for ATSC digital television. Six distinct audio channels are used: left, center, right, left rear, right rear (indicated by the ?5?), and a subwoofer (indicated by the ?.1?).

I have a Dolby Digital setup here, remember you need Speakers With Optical or SP/DIF (depending on the output from the motherboard (for soundstorm) or sound card.

Although you can make soundstorm create center and surround channels from non Dolby Digital files or films such as MP3 or MPG (this is simular to pro logic)

Creative Inspire GD580 is this an SoundStorm compatible speaker?

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?prodid=9392

What I mean is will I get the Dolby Digital and Dolby Surrounf Effects?

yeah.. but then the soundstorm is of no use.. that creative thing has it's own decoding box for decoding/incoding DTS?, Dolby? Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II. but yeah it's a good choice..:yes:s:

put those speakers on the spdif and let the box do the rest:happy:y:

yeah.. but then the soundstorm is of no use.. that creative thing has it's own decoding box for decoding/incoding DTS?, Dolby? Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II. but yeah it's a good choice..:yes:s:

put those speakers on the spdif and let the box do the rest:happy:y:

Then can u give me a link that will make soundstorm to be used i have still doubts what kind of speaker to be used to it

Is There a site that lists all of the SoundStorm mother boards available? I was thinking of picking up a Shuttle XPC and was wondering if those are official SoundStorm products.