Sapp is Raider

Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. -- Seven-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Warren Sapp signed a seven-year, $36.6 million contract with the Oakland Raiders on Saturday, ending his nine-year relationship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Sapp

"The bad news is I won't be back with the Bucs," Sapp said by telephone from Miami. "The good news is I'm a Raider."

The surprise move came only a day after Sapp's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the one-time NFL defensive player of the year was close to signing a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals.

we all know $$$$$ makes the world go round

eeerie. i was listening to Stunt101 and read your comment at the same time it hit that point in the song.

part of me is saying good, sapp was more mouth than productivity in recent years. though w/ only rice now, curious to see if teams will now be able to better defend against him like they did against sapp.

hope we got something good for him, bad enough we're losing lynch. hope chucky isn't dumb enough to let brooks go.

eeerie. i was listening to Stunt101 and read your comment at the same time it hit that point in the song.

part of me is saying good, sapp was more mouth than productivity in recent years. though w/ only rice now, curious to see if teams will now be able to better defend against him like they did against sapp.

hope we got something good for him, bad enough we're losing lynch. hope chucky isn't dumb enough to let brooks go.

lol didnt mean to freak you out :whistle: :p

WOW.

the raiders suck. why wouldnt he go to a contender?

i think the bungles are more of a contender than the raiders are.

He went for the money.. when I saw this in the morning paper I was like :o

WOW.

the raiders suck. why wouldnt he go to a contender?

i think the bungles are more of a contender than the raiders are.

Now Toxikk lets not go crazy. On paper the Raiders are better than the Bengals. It was a bad year last year, I think they'll pick it up again.

Now Toxikk lets not go crazy. On paper the Raiders are better than the Bengals. It was a bad year last year, I think they'll pick it up again.

yeah right. With aging players and an aging QB, they need more than miracles for this new season to pick up again to get into the playoffs. :p

you are following the same logic to have hope in the raiders that the one you used to say that Boston is a bad player, I can say the same thing about him that in paper is better than most WR, he just need a good system.

The problem is that on paper a lot of teams are better than the Bengals, but at least they're younger than the Raiders. I just can't believe they threw this much money at someone on the downside of their career. I'm not saying Sapp is washed up, by no means, but 7 years? At least the Broncos were smart enough to only lock up Lynch for 3 years, and at a *much* better price ... imo, at least.

I am sure there is some sort of escape clause in that 7 year deal.  most long term deals have them.

Oh, not doubt on that one. Although I still can't believe they signed him for that much money either, and maybe it's just me, but I don't know that I'd give the guy over 5 mil a year. Has anyone read anymore specifics on the contract, as to what it guarantees for each of the first few years at least? Just curious if it's heavy on the front or backend?