UT2004 freezing all the time!

i have tried UT2004 SE on both my PC and my dad's dell (P4 2.4, 512MB, 200GB, radeon 9700NP all updated drivers) and i get tons of lag (even in 1 player mode) i mean this is unreal.... the demo worked awsome, but i get about 60FPS+ but random lag, and it takes about 50 sec to load a map (JUST DEFRAGGED)

UT2003 & Unreal II did this to me, I needed a new graphics card. But as it's doing it to you in 2 different machines... must be something that has been changed in both

do you get where you can walk arond, but the mouse is unresponsive for a few seconds at random, then the screnn changes to where you would have bene had the mouse been responding? that is what i am getting on my machine even in single player, i turned all the graphics down, and am running on a 1.8ghz athlonXP, 512 pc3200 ram, and a radeon 9800

Any help???

I can't say that I'm having any major problems with UT2004 non-SE. Except for the sluggish load times (30-40 seconds), for maps, that's about it. Every now and then, but only randomly, the whole thing will freeze for five or six seconds, but then resumes, in the place I would have been had I have kept wiggling the mouse and the likes.

Apart from that, and 100% useage of my RAM, it runs brilliantly.

no real problems here either, and i have everything maxxed out (the guy says holy sh*t when you do max out your settings, which i thought was kind of amusing).

anyway, the only things i have seen are the following:

1) slow load times all of the times (i do however have pre load all textures checked in the options screen so that has alot to do with it)...

2) i have also had happen, 3 times now, when i am joining a server and the graphic based loading screen is on, it never gets past that point. it basically just freezes. i have to control-alt to my desktop, and then i have to close unreal by right clicking it in the taskbar. never happened during a game or anything like that, and i do think it is semi server based as well, but still i believe that to be a definite bug.

thats really it. i have seen some sluggish play but of course that all has to do with the server and the lag on said server, other than that the game runs flawlessly on my 5900 with the latest official Nvidia 56.xx (whatever they are on their site right now)...

no real problems here either, and i have everything maxxed out (the guy says holy sh*t when you do max out your settings, which i thought was kind of amusing).

anyway, the only things i have seen are the following:

1) slow load times all of the times (i do however have pre load all textures checked in the options screen so that has alot to do with it)...

2) i have also had happen, 3 times now, when i am joining a server and the graphic based loading screen is on, it never gets past that point. it basically just freezes. i have to control-alt to my desktop, and then i have to close unreal by right clicking it in the taskbar. never happened during a game or anything like that, and i do think it is semi server based as well, but still i believe that to be a definite bug.

thats really it. i have seen some sluggish play but of course that all has to do with the server and the lag on said server, other than that the game runs flawlessly on my 5900 with the latest official Nvidia 56.xx (whatever they are on their site right now)...

That happened to me today for the first time (N)

I have this installed on my dell, which isn't my gaming computer, but should be able to support the game. My problem wiith the lag is, the game is fine playing single player tournament and stuff. But when I click join game or whatever it is to play onslaught or something it is very laggy.

no problem here, it does take a little bit to load some maps but they are huge i was expecting it to be a little longer. im on a 2.4 (@2.9) 1 gig PC4000 kingston memory 9800 NP

i have tried UT2004 SE on both my PC and my dad's dell (P4 2.4, 512MB, 200GB, radeon 9700NP all updated drivers) and i get tons of lag (even in 1 player mode) i mean this is unreal.... the demo worked awsome, but i get about 60FPS+ but random lag, and it takes about 50 sec to load a map (JUST DEFRAGGED)

only 50 seconds? man you're lucky, it takes me like 5 minutes to load and by then the game is half way done.

Except for the sluggish load times (30-40 seconds), for maps, that's about it.

You try disabling the skin preloading?

Settings > Game > Preload all player skins

Might help, dunno.

ok, so here is what i did to my system.. i completelly wiped my system of all drivers from ATI (driver cleaner run in safe mode). i was using 3.8 cats, installed the new 4.3 cats from ATI site. disabled preloading of all player skins. and now it runs like any unreal game should load times are longer than before ONLY on onslaught maps and other very large maps.. DM maps load in great time and i have no more issues during play... hope that may help some of you

I'm having the same issues as well - the mouse totally becomes unresponsive. If I ever do manage to quit the game because half the time that happens the keyboard stops working, the mouse stays unresponsive throughout the OS and I have to totally restart the computer. Man, I thought something was wrong with my motherboard for a while :woot:

I've had similar problems...3400+, 9800xt....using the Omega Drivers if that's any help. Can be quite annoying sometimes.

Also, i find that once you've gone through all the ONS maps once they seem to load quicker from then on...