Do you use both headphoens and speakers

I used to have a dj mixer connect the two so I can easily switch between the two. Loved it but the thing causes too much hiss with my new headphones and it took up too much room on the desk. What do you guys use to connect the two so you can switch?? Or do most of you just change the cables?? I rather not have to go beneath my desk every time I want to change it.

my creative 5.1 have a jack on the volume control for head phones i use headpones at night to not disturb the rest of my family. On the other hand if i got to talk to someone I will plug in my headset and depending if its day or night ill uses the speakers or the headset to hear the person im talking to.

Some computers have headset jacks on the front and that kills the speakers so that may help you out...

Unless I am misunderstanding, can't you can just buy speakers with a headphone jack?

nah...why spend that much??? I used to have pc connected to my mini stereo. Looks like the Ycable adapter is the cheapest option for now :) I'll have to pass by radio shack tomorrow. Thanks Storm.

I've thought about that live drive but to be honest thats overkill for me.

I have a cheap set of headphones which I bought for $10, and a sound card built into my mainboard. I plug my headphones into the back of my speakers.

SO yeah, so far I must take the cake for crappiest speaker / sound / headphone combo.

It doesnt really concern me too much, cause I'm not a sound feak, and all I use the headphones for is playing games while people are asleep (to cut noise).

I have the Logitech Z-5300's with the Plantronics DSP-500's. I use the DSP's for voice in UT2004:D:D

Whatever is in the SE box is what I hav:):) What I was talking about is strictly headphones though...got the new Sennheiser HD555

im using a split lead which goes into the speaker socket on the soundcard so that i can have my headphones pluged in at the same time.

Split Leads (aka Y leads) are very cheap :D

Alex :cool:

I've got an onboard sound card and an SbLive. The onboard has a jack at the front so I swap the primary sound card in windows to that and plug it in... it's a little hassle though.

I use onboard sound and Logitech Z640s. There is a headphone jack on the center speaker, but the volume control on the speaker does NOT control the headphone output, which sucks big time. So, you have to tinker with Windows' volume control, which is also a hassle in games.

nah...why spend that much??? I used to have pc connected to my mini stereo. Looks like the Ycable adapter is the cheapest option for now :) I'll have to pass by radio shack tomorrow. Thanks Storm.

I've thought about that live drive but to be honest thats overkill for me.

No problem

i use a headset that is usb, so it has its own sound drivers, when you plug them in, your system will change all programs default sound driver to the headphones, when you take them out, everything goes back to speakers... works really well considering my speakers don't have a headphone jack, and if you use a y adapter you are leeching off the rear speakers (assuming the y adapter is pluged into the rear output) which means if you forget to unplug the headphones when they are not in use your rear sound will be weak

this adapter is what i've used forever..

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...ct%5Fid=274-894

274-894.jpg

i plug the front speakers in this as well as the headphone speakers. then i just either turn off the speaker power when i'm listening to headphones, or turn the volume on the headphones down all the way when listening to speakers :)

it works very well

My Abit NF7-S v2.0 has got an optical out connector as well as the usual... so my DTT3500's are hooked up directly via the optical cable, and I just plug a pair of headphones into the normal green coloured sound output port. Then just turn off analogue and switch on 6 speaker mode when using the speakers, and turn on analogue and headphone mode when using the phones :)

I have a Hercules Game Theater XP so on my breakout box it has a seperate headphone volume control, not only that but the software for the box automatically detects when headphones are plugged in and mutes my speakers. :)

I have a Hercules Game Theater XP so on my breakout box it has a seperate headphone volume control, not only that but the software for the box automatically detects when headphones are plugged in and mutes my speakers. :)

yea..when i used the onboard sound on my P4P800 and used the front panel audio of my case, whenever i plugged in headphones, it'd auto mute speakers. that was a nice feature :)

yes it really is a usefull feature, plus i love that on the gtxp, they actually made an effort with the design and that headphone jack is amplified. :D