Do DDR Gfx Cards require DDR RAM on THE MOBO?

Do DDR Gfx Cards Like ATI and NVIDIA Cards require DDR RAM on THE MOBO? One more thing Can someone suggest a good GFX card Not an MX card cos they dont support dynamic lighting but a good card $100 and below...

THanks ppl

THbuzz

No.

MX cards support Hardware Texture and Lighting (TnL) but they don't support Vertex and Pixel Shaders.

No, although if your MB is old enough that it only supports SDRAM you might not be able to use sideband adressing, fast writes, and AGP 8x or 4x even

You can probably get a geforce4 ti 4200 (gop for 128MB) for under $100 now a days, they're quite overclockable and still get decent performance. The only other Geforce card you could get for under $100 is a GFX5200 which are fairly crappy from everything I hear, although they might handle DX9 games better than the GF4 would...but the rest of your system probably limits your performance a fair ammount too :( it sucks doesnt it? My computer was the **** back in the day but now its just a few more pieces of aging PCB :(

U ppl Are the Shiznit I love NEOWIN.NET One question tho does this 9600 NON pro support Dynamc lighting?

Yes.

MX cards support Hardware Texture and Lighting (TnL) but they don't support Vertex and Pixel Shaders.

I thought T&L stands for Transform And Lighting?