Thinking about an upgrade?

I've been wanting an upgrade from my current specs for a while now:

Athlon XP 1800+

Abit NV7-133R (nForce)

2x Crucial 256MB PC2100

ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB

2x Western Digital 80GB SE in RAID 0

And DVD Burner/Reader, etc.

Most games run OK but not as well as I'd like them to, and lately my CPU seems to be the bottleneck. I have about $275 dollars for the upgrade, and this is what I'm leaning towards:

Barton 3000+ (400MHz FSB) ($158 from Newegg)

Albatron KX18D Pro II ($97 from Newegg)

I would have settled for a cheaper mobo, but nForce2 is just too good! Would this be a worthwhile upgrade? Or should I wait?

Another question, the mobo I listed there has a built in RAID controller like my current one, but would I be able to use my current HDs in the new mobo in a RAID 0 without losing everything?

Well you can just raise the FSB in the bios.

Thats what I was shooting for if I do that. What's a good HSF for that? All I'm using right now is a Volcano7 ;)

Yea, I see your point, but raising the FSB also raises the speeds of the AGP, RAM, and PCI devices. I've been reading reviews on the 2500+ mobile on newegg and most people can get it up to 2.5GHz on a 1.7-1.8 vcore on air. (Y)

Yea, I see your point, but raising the FSB also raises the speeds of the AGP, RAM, and PCI devices. I've been reading reviews on the 2500+ mobile on newegg and most people can get it up to 2.5GHz on a 1.7-1.8 vcore on air. (Y)

that's not true on nforce2 boards, the AGP and PCI are locked.