wireless devices

i have to write a paper on wireless networking, and i been searching googles for wireless networking in hope to find some examples of wireless devices that will be coming out in the future but all i find is wireless network adaptors :blink: anyone know of any devices besides adaptors that are in development or any site where i might find such info?

Here's an idea, a wireless phone. Ok, maybe that didn't make any sense so let me explain. Image a wireless phone that instead of using the phone line, used a wireless network to make phone calls using the internet and voice-over-ip. Maybe it still doesn't make any sense but I'm bad at explaining things. I didn't make thip up by the way, my friend who does wireless deployment at my uni told me this. He mentioned how the wireless access points they have already support this.

http://www1.avaya.com/enterprise/telephone...hone-solutions/

Another idea. How about using wireless networks for health care purposes. Suppose you had a heart monitor which sent data over a wireless network. If that person say, has a heart attack, the network will contact the hospital. It would have many uses apart from heart monitoring. I don't think anything like this exists, but I remember the fourth year systems design students at my uni did something healthy that involved wireless.

Edited by MrA

I decided to use another post for this since it does not relate to the previous one (please don't flame me).

Here's something that exists. Wireless lamposts (you may remember a news posting about this). The lampost would send imformation to your car such as road conditions and such. Too bad a single company holds all the patants for this.

my paper was more about existing wireless devices but you guys are trowing out all these ideas that i might just expand the paper and include some of these ideas on it :yes: