Employment Application

Filled out my first employment application!

Check it out.. How is it? Thanks!

Oh..

It's for the place where we keep our boat.. (Belmont Bay)

Well they need a dockhand for the weekends during the summer.

Anyway since we have a slip there he put me up near the top and talked with the owner..

Owner is going to talk to me and even asked about me when my parents did the contact for the slip again.

post-7-1080100273.jpg

Are you a US Citizen or Legal Alien?

That's a yes or no question :yes: :laugh:

For a first resume, it looks fine. It has a few things that are answered differently than I would have expected, but they'll know what you mean ;) How old are you, BTW? :blink:

So put down you're not 18 or older.

Also, some advice. Expect to not get the job, but call them every week or so. If you aren't selected, you won't feel so bad (Y)

My advice, remove every exclamation mark in there, it makes you look unprofessional. Also, remove $6.00 and write minimum wage.

My advice, remove every exclamation mark in there, it makes you look unprofessional. Also, remove $6.00 and write minimum wage.

That, or "Open" that way you don't sell yourself short, or not get the job cause you asked too much.

That, or "Open" that way you don't sell yourself short, or not get the job cause you asked too much.

Good point.

Or you could write "One billion dollars" if you think they'd take well to humor. ;)

Btw - if you're typing it out anyways, why not use a normal font?

My advice, remove every exclamation mark in there, it makes you look unprofessional.

Um yes, there's no need to be that excited.

Can't you use your Dad as a reference? Haven't you done any volunteer experience? Fixed somebody's computer or something. List them as a reference (with their permission, of course).

One should never lie on a job application but one should never tell the truth either.