Microsoft fined?!?! oh no

Not really.

The funny part is they are making it out like WMP is the only player out there in the world. But hrm...the last I looked we have Quicktime/Real Player(even though I hate Real Networks)/Sonique/Winamp and a TON of other free media player applications on the net that anyone can d/l free and use. So wtf is the point in this cause from the looks of it if all they are complaining about is media player and if that is the case then EU has some big issues.

yea just heard it on the radio when I got home :(

Why judge a company which makes good software? Perhaps it is difficult for others to get into the market, but im sure they would be able to do it if they made software just as good (or better) as microsoft. Why not use Microsoft Windows as an operating system, when it makes you able to work fast and easy?

I really hate this, that a company can't do anything good without being taken into court by others just because they can't make anything which is that good themselves.

PS: I use linux myself on my server, so don't take me for a windows-only-fagget..

dang microsoft got fined 600 million dollars :-( wtf they're going to go bankrupt! That is so stupid they got fined, how would you feel if you made a company and then u got fined 600 MILLION DOLLARS?!?!? THAT'S AN OUTRAGE, THAT'S CRAZY!!!

dang microsoft got fined 600 million dollars :-( wtf they're going to go bankrupt! That is so stupid they got fined, how would you feel if you made a company and then u got fined 600 MILLION DOLLARS?!?!? THAT'S AN OUTRAGE, THAT'S CRAZY!!!

Awwww.... poor MS :(

They arent going bankrupt, bill gates himself can pay that with whats in his pocket.

Still, this is ridiculous

,Mar 24 2004, 06:57] They arent going bankrupt, bill gates himself can pay that with whats in his pocket.

Still, this is ridiculous

Most likely he can. But still the guy has a point. How would you feel if your company was just forced to pay a fine over something completely outrageous.

Most likely he can. But still the guy has a point. How would you feel if your company was just forced to pay a fine over something completely outrageous.

I am denying his point? no, thats because I said that is ridiculous

Readiculus. if people can't make software that can compete they sue. reediculus.

hey man, thats the american way.

rules are rules for a reason... and the rule states that there must be competition in the markets.

hey man, thats the american way.

rules are rules for a reason... and the rule states that there must be competition in the markets.

but how competition is ruined if they include a media player in their OS, every OS includes his own

It's not a problem that they supply a media player with their OS.

The problem is that WMP hooks into the Windows system in numerous ways through undocumented APIs. Competitors like Apple, Real, Nullsoft.. etc, etc. don't have (or are able to get) the knowledge on how to do that. Therefore they find it unfair and judge it as a way of cutting of competition.

Personally I find this a big pile of bullsh*t, but that's just me.

It's not a problem that they supply a media player with their OS.

The problem is that WMP hooks into the Windows system in numerous ways through undocumented APIs. Competitors like Apple, Real, Nullsoft.. etc, etc. don't have (or are able to get) the knowledge on how to do that. Therefore they find it unfair and judge it as a way of cutting of competition.

Personally I find this a big pile of bullsh*t, but that's just me.

Yea, but every company has some secret APIs, including Apple's QuickTime.

Yea, but every company has some secret APIs, including Apple's QuickTime.

I know..... but that's the thing they seem to find unfair. They see it as a way Microsoft plays out its monopoly, by cutting of certain features for other manufacturers.

Like I said, I find it far fetched and quite stupid. It is Microsofts operating system, so why should they offer other companies the same advantages on their system? But hey... I'm not making the rules here...

Personally i think ms deserve it, media player hooks onto your stystem and its very hard to remove, i use winamp and i always will. Media player is just a pile of **** imo

Personally i think ms deserve it, media player hooks onto your stystem and its very hard to remove, i use winamp and i always will. Media player is just a pile of **** imo

Yeah, they deserve to pay millions of dollars just because they hooks their media player into their os :rolleyes: