I.T Job question

soz if this is in the wrong forum, didn't know where to put it :blush:

I have a job offered to me at the moment but im really not too sure if its a good enough deal?

Basically i have 3-4 years experience on windows platforms (clients and servers), office etc etc plus im windows 2000 mcse and messaging mcse. about to do the xp/2k3 exams also.

How much should i really be getting paid? roughly for the most suited it jobs?

The job on offer is an it consultancy firm so i would be travelling a bit (company pays this) and setting up/fixing solutions for companies. They have offered me a bit under <20k but only after i laughed at their first offer.

Is that too little? or am i being a bit greedy? surrey/london area in uk btw

Also a webby with i.t jobs on it be super helpful thanks

cheers

It's not unreasonable in the IT world these days. Some companies in London pay their IT guys ?17,000 a year and expect them to live in teh London area, it's diabolical. I'd take it and go from there, but push for bonuses/pay rise after a few months.

In London it doesnt sound 2 much but it depends on how much you need the job, Also you might want to take a look at similar jobs and see how much they pay. If its a big well known company you should be getting more. Although if its a small start up company they might not be able to afford much wages. It might be good even for the experience then you can look for another job at the same time.

im on less then that now, yet im now qualified and far more experienced? Its not a huge boost so its starting to feel like getting the qualification was a waste of time/money :(

My job title is NT Admin and I earn More than ?25k and I don't work in London, BUT you have to take what is on offer in IT and work your way up.

My senior NT Admin is on over ?40k but he is in charge of around 130 servers.

Edited by Jason