3rd day as a learner 2nd time behind he wheel

ok i been out about today behind the wheel with my mum, i needed to turn round somewhere so i went in to a car park that out side some houses, so i turned round there, on my way out there was a parked big blue van on the left blocking my view from that direction, so i went in to the middle of the junction since i could not see from the left.

then this blue audi from the front right of me started to reverse as i was sitting still as this juction and letting him reverse he must of not looked in his mirrors or we was in his blind spot cause he reversed at speed and hit us! and i was standing still at the junction with my hand brake on cause it was a slight hilly junction.

so we going to claim on the insurance. and i only had my provisional lisence for 3days and been behind the wheel twice as a learner! that must be a record.

here are some photos of my small black smart car and the blokes blue audi

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robinsonfamily44/smartcar/hit/

god knos how long it going to fix as he hit the passenger door which has like an aluminuim mesh to form part of the safety cell, that gone as u can put the door pannel in(it's plastic) means it need a new door, the tridon cell which is for safety and what the car basicly revoles around has been dented and has some crease's in it and some dents(looks like a u when u look twist ur head), the rear wheel arch has come of so slighty, the tire has been scuffed. i am not to worried at the rear wheel arch as it only plastic and can be replaced easly. the door at first i wasn't bothed as the plastic cover can be replaced but since it broke the safety parts of it, needs a new door. tridon cell i am worried about as it what the car revolves around. the tire i don't cre only rubber. but my dad is really really worried as i had the handbrake on at the time so it could of done damage to the rear drive shaft and engine since it is rear wheel drive.

god dam today tomany careless people out there, nearly twice today when we was on our way to and from shoping at asda we nearly got hit, one nearly backed in to us on a mian road, how the f' do u miss seeing a 4x4, second time on the way back someone pulled out in front of us as it was our right of way.

dam road

Reminds me of a time when I was working in Muskoka.

My boss (owner of the resort, multi-millionaire) took his Cadillac STS to get serviced. In the meantime he took out his Jaguar XKR into the town to pick something up. As he was walking out of the store, he saw a lady back up at about 20 km/hr and slam right into the front end of his car. First day bringing it out of storage for a nice summer drive.

I just about cried when I saw it.

Hope your insurance doesn't crap out now b'c of a non-fault accident.

dam a jag i bet that sucked.

we got the bloke insurance details i am not to sure if we claming on ours or his as my dad is sorting it out

sorry bout blurry pics, but i didn't want to use the flash or double flash as will reflect. but the road we live of is busy so i had to move out the way alot if i didn't want to be killed

dang. Sorry for for the accident man but on the brite side it was not you at fault. So insurance can not really do anything to you or mom about it. Since you were just sitting there it is the other drives fault. My gf had something like this happen a long time ago all they put on her record was that it was a no fault (not her fault since she was just sitting there) The other driver was the one who was in worse shape because of it.

Damn bad luck there man.

Dont let it get you down or similar, you werent to blame. There was nothng you couldve done.

As for stupid people out there driving, **** yes there are many. There are also many ****wits on Neowin not too long ago in a thread claiming how fast they have taken their cars and some of these guys were on learners as well doing over 100miles/h. MORONS.

So in hindsight, not matter where you are you will have dumb****s everywhere, from idiots on Neowin trying to drive as fast as their car can take em, to idiotic drivers whom are complacent about their driving skills.

Anyway man, good luck and keep your head up high.

if i did sound the horn he still would of hit me, the horn is utther ****e, but when it comes summer time me and my dad are getting under the car to replace it with a air horn :)

even if i reacted quicked enough by slaming off the handbrake and in to first gear, foot down on the peddle he would of still got me. cause he was coming out at speed. when it happend he got out mumbled something like i be back. got back in his car and left. we saw him later twice, no insurance details yet, but he gunna have to at some point he said if the bill is high i have to put it in to the insureance company. well it mite be over grand

list

new passenger side door

passenger side door pannel

rear wheel arch quater pannel

The tridon cell(saftey part with the car revolves around) need the slight creases and dent taken out then spray painted.

then probley some test on the car to check that the axles and the car shape is fine.

hopefully it has not damaged any of the engine or the shafts. if he has it may cost alot to put rite.