VERY COOL! Columbia photo

Recieved an email from a mate of mine. This picture is beautiful and historic too, as it is the last picture the late space shuttle Columbia crew took.

The photograph attached was taken by the crew on board the Columbia during its last mission, on a cloudless day. The picture is of Europe and Africa when the sun is setting. Half of the picture is in night. The bright dots you see are the cities lights. The top part of Africa is the Sahara Desert. Note that the lights are already on in Holland, Paris, and Barcelona, and that's it's still daylight in Dublin, London, Lisbon, and Madrid. The sun is still shining on the Strait of Gibraltar. The Mediterranean Sea is already in darkness.

In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean you can see the Azores Islands; below them to the right are the Madeira Islands; a bit below are the Canary Islands; and further South, close to the farthest western point of Africa, are the Cape Verde islands. Note that the Sahara is huge and can be seen clearly both during Daytime and night time. To the left, on top, is Greenland, totally frozen.

post-7-1080235779.jpg

You got this from an email... case and point, its completely and utterly photoshopped. Seen it before.

even if thats true, its still a cool picture

You got this from an email... case and point, its completely and utterly photoshopped.  Seen it before.

:(

*deleted*

Edited by forster

Although photoshopped:

...this image does accurately depict the landforms described and the positioning of lighted cities to the right of the day-night terminator line...

Still amazingly cool :cool:

The both look really cool, but the second it said the last picture taken from teh Columbia, i knew it was fake. I like the iceburg one a bit more.

Wow, that's stunning.

To all you photoshop expert laywers who happened to stumble in here.

It may be as fake as my Mom's ######, but it's just as nice to look at.