Turtle Beach Santa Cruz w/WinXP <--damnit

of course, after first installing WinXP, all i got out of my sound card was garbled squelches, so i got the new drivers, and they work fine.

the problem is; when i tell XP to run a ScanDisk on the next reboot, it 'prevents damange to system' by preventing the driver 'tbcspud.sys' from being loaded. it tells me to reset my computer; where i am frozen on the Dell blue logo. fortunately, i can acess the BIOS, and just entering that and quitting lets me get back to windows normally.

since i kinda need to be able to run disk checks and fixes, can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

thanks

I bought a Turtle Beach about 2 months ago. Brand new out of box. Upon installation and startup it would Blue screen everytime. The only time my computer would start is when the TB was out. =( In windows ME it worked great, even better sound then my SB Live Plat. but I could never get it to work, even after replacing with another board.

Gook Luck

Originally posted by Col  

I had the same problem, easily rectified.  When the blue screen comes on, press any key to go into Windows.  Install the drivers for the soundcard and voila, no more blue screen!

in sorry, i dont think i understand what you mean. the soundcard works fine, latest drivers, no squelch. its only when i go to run scandisk in XP, which requires a reboot. it brings up some warning in the prep for scandisk that windows halted the system to prevent damage. the driver at fault is a Santa Cruz one.

please see post#1 for full description