How you call her?

What I want to know is:

Ann and Jack are a happy couple. Since Cathryn joins the company as a private secretary of Jack, the intimate relationship of the couple seems at risk. Because Cathryn always tries to date Jack out, and implying several times to Jack that she wants him sue for a divorce with Ann and marry her. In China, we call Cathryn as "third party" who tries, intentionally or involuntarily, to destroy the happy marriage of a couple (I don't know if using "third party" is proper here, so I ask you).

hmm.. third party.. that doesnt sound right.. lol.. maybe something like.. bitch is more appropriate?

Nope. Bitch is too common as dirt to suit the particular situation, because if you say the couple divorced because a bitch stepped in, people might think the bitch is a hooker or a prostitute, whom Cathryn hates. :laugh: What I want is that the idiom people will definitely not misunderstand it as they hear you say it.

over here in germany we'd call her "fifth whell on the wagon" maybe...dunno. i'm at work..oh oh boss comes over...

Nope. Bitch is too common as dirt to suit the particular situation, because if you say the couple divorced because a bitch stepped in, people might think the bitch is a hooker or a prostitute, whom Cathryn hates. :laugh: What I want is that the idiom people will definitely not misunderstand it as you say it.

Then use third party or "another woman" thats what is usually used. There's no specific word to use for that situation.

No idea, something along the lines of 'love triangle' is created between the three: as for the word to describe 'Cathryn' I am not entirely sure. 'Third Party' would certainly surfice, although I am sure there is a better word to describe what she would be.

And after cheching three thesaurus' I couln't find a decent word. :(

She would be the 'third party' in the argument and therefore classed as a 'home wrecker', like ultimaweapon says.

Hope that helps :s

"Third party" is probably appropriate, though many can refer to a "third wheel", like putting an extraneous third wheel on a bicycle.

Of course, there's the common saying of "Two's company, three's a crowd", as well as the contradictory TV sitcom title "Three's Company", whose title itself played off of the previous cliche of the saying.

Ignoring some of the various controversial aspects of "Cathryn", and assuming the couple is otherwise stable, I'd call her a "third wheel" amongst other more derogatory names for the particular circumstance, like "home-wrecker".

Someone who consciously tries to break up an otherwise content/happy couple for personal gain without regard for long-term consequences can get all sorts of names thrown at them beyond "third wheel": terms like slut, ######, bitch, evil shi* wouldn't be unheard of when social context is considered.

Edited by poind

"Third party" is probably appropriate, though many can refer to a "third wheel", like putting an extraneous third wheel on a bicycle.

Of course, there's the common saying of "Two's company, three's a crowd", as well as the contradictory TV sitcom title "Three's Company", whose title itself played off of the previous cliche of the saying.

Ignoring the various controversial aspects of "Cathryn", and assuming the couple is otherwise stable, I'd call her a "third wheel" amongst other more derogatory names for the particular circumstance, like "home-wrecker".

Call her what she is.. a homewrecker (or at least an attempted homewrecker).

She is trying to split up a married couple. Anything else would be inaccurate.

Thanks guys. Now we've got several-version title for Cathryn.

I have to mention that the poind's reply was so excellent that we should think he is NeoWin English teacher. :)

Oh, dear Anita, you are not guy; you are elder sister of NeoWin. :)

What I want to know is:

Ann and Jack are a happy couple. Since Cathryn joins the  company as a private secretary of Jack, the intimate relationship of the couple seems at risk. Because Cathryn always tries to date Jack out, and implying several times to Jack that she wants him sue for a divorce with Ann and marry her. In China, we call Cathryn as "third party" who tries, intentionally or involuntarily,  to destroy  the happy marriage of a couple (I don't know if using "third party" is proper here, so I ask you).

are you really that girl?..... :rolleyes:

come on :shifty: ....admit it you man stealing gold digging ######.... :whistle: