BPI starting to sue uk downloaders?

I was watching the news yesterday when they started talking about the BPI giving file swappers? one last warning, if they are found downloading music they could be brought to court. I find this ridiculous and not a lot of people are going to be happy. What I would like to know is if I happen to one day receive a letter one day accusing me of download music would they be able to do anything since I live in Northern Ireland. I'm Irish and believe I?m ruled from the republic, would I get away with this? Or would they still be able to sue me?

I remember reading a press release from them, suggesting that basically, if people dont start buying cds again they are going to start sueing; seems as if people didn't really think that was a reasonable deal.

Please not any more bloody dance tracks - Toms formula for a hit with dances fans

1. take a nice bit of music (often a classical piece- but people dont like to think its classical != cool)

2. Add an appauling + annoying beat to it

3. Release

4. Profit!

The music industries are however catching on to this fact, that they need to cater for the other cash rich market (asides from kids 7-16); adults. Groups like the doves, the thrills, and other acts based around the prescident coldplay set are going to make money for the industry IMO>