Does anyone know how to fix this stupid IE6 Bug?

Question

ashtray13

It's the bug in which u start IE and it isn't maximized fully, it's like a small window, anyonw know how to fix it

7 answers to this question

JWise1203
Originally posted by ashtray13  

It's the bug in which u start IE and it isn't maximized fully, it's like a small window, anyonw know how to fix it

If anybody has a fix post please. This annoying problem has been in XP since beta 2!

marineintel

just open up one window of IE, maximize it, close it, then reopen IE and that should leave it always maximized

DgtlShdw

You could also delete the Window Placement registry key so that it resets when you restart IE. It's in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain

Chad

Thats not a bug. IE has always been that way....and i think any program or window. Whatever size you close it in, thats how it will open. So close it max and it will open max. Works fine for me

DgtlShdw
Originally posted by superfula  

Thats not a bug.  IE has always been that way....and i think any program or window.  Whatever size you close it in, thats how it will open.  So close it max and it will open max.  Works fine for me

super: The issue he is talking about is completely different. The window is maximized, but is not filling the screen. It has nothing to do with remembering the window size/position.

CommanderRomeo

This has been a problem forever :ermm: I just do it full screen and then file close it. It should save (I find it doesnt do that offten)

lazydesert

using file>close instead of the X will save the window state