[VS] Japan|04

To most, the word "Jap" is just as offensive as the word "Jew" ... or even "<< racial epithet >>" to describe people from Latin-America and "<< racial epithet >>" to describe African Americans.

Did you never learn about WWII in high school??:blink::

Heck, I'm not even Japanese and the word offended me, just as any other racist word should offend someone. You might not be offended by it and that's fine, but it does offend others.

EDIT: I suggest you read this article - http://modelminority.com/printout292.html

first of all .. love the theme.. would love to see new colorways too...way to go!...

@Opio:

yea you're right about the "JAP" i think "JPN" is much better not just because of the potential offence people might take but also because i think the abbr. JPN has more style to it.. but that's just me...

i understand how the words "<< racial epithet >>" and "<< racial epithet >>" are offensive but why in the world is "Jew" offensive? I have jewish friends and they never took it as an offence, i mean that's just liek "Christian" of "Muslim".. confused..

still:

g r e a t.j o b! love it..

j o n e x

Edited by jonex

first of all .. love the theme.. would love to see new colorways too...way to go!...

@Opio:

yea you're right about the "JAP" i think "JPN" is much better not just because of the potential offence people might take but also because i think the abbr. JPN has more style to it.. but that's just me...

i understand how the words "<< racial epithet >>" and "Sic" are offensive but why in the world is "Jew" offensive? I have jewish friends and they never took it as an offence, i mean that's just liek "Christian" of "Muslim".. confused..

still:

g r e a t.j o b! love it..

j o n e x

Well "Jew" has a negative connotation with it as well, depending on the context.

And I agree with you, JPN would be much more appropriate ;)

i wont change it, so try to handle it or not...i didnt insert alternative caption buttons just for joke

Ah whatever, it's your theme. I stopped caring a while ago.

I'm not using it anyway :)

Great work... i love the look. My only gripe is that you only made a compact skin for winamp and i personally hate having winamp in compact mode. Any chance you might create a full sized skin aswell with matching color schemes for the VS?

• 3 weeks later...
i wont change it, so try to handle it or not...i didnt insert alternative caption buttons just for joke

very well said.

Is about time for some people to realize that we create racisms, and hate, and all the bad stuff that comes with it.

The only reason why JAP might be offensive to others is because people themselves give it a negative meaning, hey if Johny says is bad then I guess we cant say it, because he said it was bbbaaddd.. ooooooooh, screw that is just a god damn word. We give meaning to every freaking thing in life, god forbid you say "<< racial epithet >>" noo is bad, its a freaking word, if we are going to go around negatively labeling everything we might as well just start beating each other up right now and save us the time. Anywho hope that makes sense.

The only reason I dont like the JAP is because I dont like the letters as substitute for buttons, so I am glad you made regular buttons with it too. Other than that awesome theme, made me switch from Ashen, great job, off to get my winamp skin now :D

We give meaning to every freaking thing in life, god forbid you say "<< racial epithet >>" noo is bad, its a freaking word, if we are going to go around negatively labeling everything we might as well just start beating each other up right now and save us the time. Anywho hope that makes sense.

I dont mean to drag this up. But WTF are you on about!?!?

Have you ever been called a '<< racial epithet >>''? If not. You dont understand. I really dont belive you can say these things.

I dont mean to drag this up. But WTF are you on about!?!?

Have you ever been called a '<< racial epithet >>''? If not. You dont understand. I really dont belive you can say these things.

see what I mean?

I am a ref, my parents got me on a boat from Cuba and took me to this place.

Now if you live in Miami you will know that being called a "refuge" is degrading specially for Cubans.

I've been called that so many times in my life that I've lost count, and while some people got insulted it never bothered me.

What I am trying to say is that if you are black and you get called "monkey" or "black" or whatever why would it offend you? why give word that much importance? If you are sure of who you are why do you have to prove to anyone else who you are? why would being call black offend you unless you were actually ashamed to be black?

Same goes to all the little labels people come up with, jew, jap, ref, etc.

PS: My background IS part Haitian.

These things should not be talked about so much, I think you guys are mature enough to feel the sensivity of a topic.. so bunk this thing and carry on.. yeah? where were we?

O yep, the VS, maan I have to say, I have gone through the whole customisation section and there are some ultra cool vs/walls etc you ppl have given to the community, awesome job!

This Japan theme rocks man (Y) wonderful contribution :)

Nice theme, I just have a few suggestions.

1st the compact start menu. I'd much rather have a compact startmenu with my recent programs showing and just the icons for the system apps showing.

2nd the fonts just don't do it for me. Perhaps it's the font size but both Arial font and the Swiss font just don't look right for this theme.

3rd the scrollbars. It's too hard to see. The arrows don't even show up and the box is too thing and light to easily see where it is.

4th the start button. I realize you'd like to advertise what theme it is but imo it's just an ugly button.

Last I'd like to see a thinner taskbar. I normally double the width of my taskbar so making it as thing as possible gives me back valuable screen real estate. Perhaps removing the white border on it could help.

Well hope you take some of my suggestions into consideration. The final decision is with you but until I see a new version I'm switching back to my old VS. Keep up the good work.

2nd the fonts just don't do it for me. Perhaps it's the font size but both Arial font and the Swiss font just don't look right for this theme.

3rd the scrollbars. It's too hard to see. The arrows don't even show up and the box is too thing and light to easily see where it is.

^^ couldn't agree more, those fonts are really hard to read even with 20-15 vision

It?s a really great theme but I?ve got one serious problem with it. While using it Outlook 2003 switches to lowres 16 color icons, which are really ugly.

This is the first vs I?ve seen that does this

This happens for me too and it is quite annoying. I love the theme but is there any reason it does this and is there anything I can do on my end to fix it?

• 1 year later...

i'm getting file not found.

would really like to see this on mine. anyone have the correct link or another link?

Is it me or can you not win on these forums, you start a new thread based on an old one you get flammed, you search and find an old thread post a reply you get flammed.

This theme rules, by the way a "thread ressurection" was need for this :yes: