Daylight saving time

Weird how it happens on different days different places. You'd think it would be a universal thing.

Once almost missed an int'l flight because I didn't realize the place I was jumped to DST while where I was going (originally from) wasn't there yet.

[For anyone in the U.S. who cares, doesn't happen for another week. Starts in Europe now most places, I believe.]

Yum, more daylight hours coming....

:rolleyes: Daylight Saving Time changes on different dates for different countries.

First Sunday in April for the USA.

I think that daylight savings is an old idea that no longer serves any good purpose -- farmers out there can work their land at most any hour now -- let's get rid of DST.

Spring Forward, Fall Backward. Always used to be good for me, I could never see the papers I was delivering on my paper round in the dark mornings

we can think that the hour before daylight savings ends is the hour which doesn't get counted :shifty: :alien:

Wow, it's that time already? Time goes by fast.

What is the exact date in the US?

At 2am early morning hours of Sunday, April 4 (late evening of Saturday if you stay up past midnight on Sat. the 3rd), set your clock ahead one hour.

Just a slight bit more than one week from now for the U.S.

I think that daylight savings time was "invented" back during world war 2, it was called

war time I think? It would allow workers more daylight hours to perform outdoor tasks.

Now, it's more for the leisure time industry.......an extra summer hour benefits the

pleasure industry.

I just wish in the USA, we would drop this idiotic AM & PM crap. I've used "military"

time for 30 years because it's easier than trying to remember if something written

down was 2am or 2pm, but given our poor mathmatics skill in this country, I'm

not surprised LOL.....had an idiot at a fast food joint try to give me change back

from a 5 dollar bill, the total was 2.26, and I gave him 5.26 AFTER he punched in

5 dollars.....you could see the steam excaping from his head when I fished in my

pocket for a quarter and a penny and handed it to him. He was looking at me,

and looking at the computer screen telling him what he should give me back in

change. It was almost as if he was going to say "but the machine says I should

give you this, now what do I do?"........

Geez.......we're doomed when the populis can't count back change.........

:alien: