My First Car

First Car

My dad got a 2004 Malibu LT a couple of days ago and he said I could have his old car. I washed, waxed, cleaned, and vacuumed the inside of the car. It's a 1993 Geo Prizm LSI - 5 Speed Manual - with 129,667 miles on it, and it's so fun to drive as far as I am concerned. The car never gave my dad any problems whatsoever. It's build like a brick.

The stick makes it fun because the car is so light, so I get extra pick up when I accelerate and shift gears. Plus, it gets about 34 MPG in the summer, so it will be efficient. Downside is it uses 91 octane gas because it's a high compression engine. A car is a car though; I am not worrying. I just need to start taking those drivers Ed classes and whatnot.

just take of it, drop the oil every 2 thousand miles, usually every 3 but since you have a lot of miles do it every 2. change the battery (optima is the best) air & oil filter... and also change the tranny fluid make sure its pink not any other color.... oh yeah when you drop the oil, tell them to drop it from the "HUB"! the HUB holds about a few quarts in there, and also change the spark plugs & O2 sensers. im just giving you a quick lesson on how to take car of your car! good luck!

congratulations!!!

my first car, which my mom got for me in nov 2002, is an 03 civic coupe ex automatic.

i miss the new car smell! :cry:

i also wished it could've been a manual, oh well.. :unsure:

hey a first car is a first car. It's not like your going to be driving a BMW on a teenager's salary :rolleyes:

As for the car itself, it looks like it's in great condition, congratulations on the aqquisition :)

Yea many people think of Geo as "blah." In reality considering my salary the car is fine. I am not going to be handling a BMW on the amount of experience I have. I'll start out slow and work my way up. I rather earn a considerable amount of money for a nice car rather than my parents buying me one. It's all personal preference. Now this is a great car for the age and miles. I take care of everything I own, not just cars, so as long as it's in good hands I think I'll have a fun time with it. And yes it's the equivalent of a Toyota Corolla.

BUT IS AN GEO!!! :laugh:

anyway.. good for you.. I wish I could drive a standard and to own your own car..

oh yeah when you drop the oil, tell them to drop it from the "HUB"! the HUB holds about a few quarts in there

That work the same on a truck? Cause I never knew that (then again when it comes to cars I know jack+sh*t about them 90% of the time.)

BTW nice car man. Geo's are nice I've had the chance to drive a few and I liked them for a car.

heres my first car given to me by my dad still got it, though it needs the suspension kit and another motor now. It takes a 351 cleveland V8,

now thats a car u can keep ur pokemon cars

Its a 59 Ford fairlane btw the pic is not Thee one i own mine is blue and a hard top

post-7-1080633792.jpg

hehe funny

my first car was a 1992 Geo Metro.... 3 banger! mwahaha... one time i had 6 of my friends in it with me... the thing barely moved... :shifty:

but seriously... it was a good car... really easy on gas, which was good cause i hardly ever had money. Now i got a 1999 Monte Carlo.

My first car was a 1986 Dogde daytona. loved that car...then friend ran into it.. :crazy: hahah but i have newer car now...but now i have car payments.

Thats a nice first car there. Black will be a pain, but when clean it's so worth it.

I had a real heap for my first car (Vauxhall Nova) but worked up from there