Best clothing

I am taking a trip to a place where the temp can reach 140 degrees (f).

I need to know what type of clothes to pack, and where to purchase them (online).

I live east-coast US, and will probably pay for overnight shipping, so someplace in the US would be preferable.

Any ideas welcome, pants, shirts. Oh yeah, Pants are the required dress, so no shorts.

Um, believe 140 degrees Farenheit would even beat by a few degrees some (relatively local?) records set in places like Death Valley, CA.

No sane place can have temperatures like that and outright require pants.

For general hot-weather stuff (where style and whatever is not a primary concern), would generally recommend REI (rei.com) and looking into their various lightweight shorts, shirts, hats, sunscreen, etc....

Better double-check those expected temperatures and conditions, and who the heck would be "requiring" pants in such.... Last I heard, highest temp ever in U.S. at the least was once 134F in Death Valley in the heart of summer. Assuming you're actually looking at lower temps but hot weather, still scout REI, and look into Khakis at places like Banana Republic.

Extremely loose clothing that breathes.

Don't go with singlets/shorts/short sleeve shirts either...you'll burn! Even with sunscreen.

I'd wear a loose, long sleeved shirt that can breathe.

A good pair of loose jeans (military pants are also good)

A good sturdy pair of boots are best to prevent your feet burning, and also to mask any bad foot odours caused by sweat ;)

And the ultimate for beating the heat....a good bandana. The night before you go out, slightly moisten it and freeze it overnight. Take it out about 10 minutes before you put it on, and it will be lovely and cool...you can wear this under a baseball cap if you'd prefer.

They're my tips, from a drought stricken area of Australia where our top temp has hit 40 degrees CELSIUS several times already this year.

editGood god, just checked the temperature conversion....

Here it is f'ing hot when it reaches 40 deg celsius (which is 104F to you non-metricised yanks ;) )

140F is 60C!!! Sweet merciful crap! Where you going? The Nevada desert?

I doubt it will be 140 degrees. Currently Al'Aziziyah, Libya holds the record at 57.7 C (135.9 F) on the 13th September, 1922

Seeing as the record high is less than 140 and over 80 years old, I would bet you won't be seeing 140 this trip.

note: for the record, Death Valley, USA comes in second at 56.7 C (134.0 F) on the 10th July, 1913

Extremely loose clothing that breathes.

Don't go with singlets/shorts/short sleeve shirts either...you'll burn! Even with sunscreen.

I'd wear a loose, long sleeved shirt that can breathe.

A good pair of loose jeans (military pants are also good)

A good sturdy pair of boots are best to prevent your feet burning, and also to mask any bad foot odours caused by sweat ;)

Agreed.

other additions are foot powder, and boots that breath not full blown work boots.

I also prefer cowboy hats, boony hats, or full type hats not baseball caps because they don't help the back of your neck.

And lotsa water and salty foods.

I simply wouldn't go if it's going to be that hot. Unless you'll be indoors most of the time, I would pass on being in that kind of heat especially if there is to be humidity.

he is not replying for a reason, I feel like he is either extremely exaggerating, or some idiot told him this as a lie and he is believing it.

he is not replying for a reason, I feel like he is either extremely exaggerating, or some idiot told him this as a lie and he is believing it.

Or maybe he's shopping for clothing (that's what the thread is about.... :p) or making other preparations for his trip.