[help] Cable internet problem

Recently got cable internet, it was installed on my account on XP. Problem is, it only works on my account. Wont work on anyone elses. Is there something im missing, or would I have to install it for everyone?

You need to setup your network first. Make sure you share your connection, Control Panel > Network Connection > Cable Connection and then right click Properties, not quite sure which tab was it on, but it's there.

You will also need to setup the other computer by configuring the internet to connect thru LAN, go to Tools>Internet Options and under the Connection tab.

I think that's about it hmmmm....

Well yeah, but what the problem is, that on this computer, we have more than one user account on xp, and it only works on one.

In XP doesn't it save each users individual settings?

Like nXP said...

You will also need to setup the other computer by configuring the internet to connect thru LAN, go to Tools>Internet Options and under the Connection tab.

Maybe try doing this for the individual users?

you need a router to split the connection.

Read the post. He is having problems on ONE PC, not THREE PC's. It works under one login, but not any others on the SAME PC.

hmmmmm well I first thought you have more than 1 computer in that case, when you set up your Broadband Internet Connection, have you do the following ? (see attachments)

post-32-1080733653.jpg