What's up with Foobar2k?

because people likes an audio player that is minimal yet elegant in its GUI? did you know that not everyone is interested in skinned players?

Google is your friend grasshopper..

yeah, lets use google for something that its happening in this forum :rolleyes:

,Apr 1 2004, 03:35] yeah, lets use google for something that its happening in this forum :rolleyes:

lol ! :whistle:

WinAMP may be skinnable but that doesn't mean you have to use that feature. I tried foobar but, while it may be minimal, it doesn't look at all like a "player". If i'd start remembering all the hotkeys and shortcuts i'm sure i'd like it more... oh well :happy:

yeah, lets use google for something that its happening in this forum

I was only kidding since apparently no one wanted to answer..

For slow computers or for plp that want to save memory resources foobar is a must. Otherwise, if you have a decent computer and a happy camper with Itunes, Wmplayer, winamp, or musicmatch then dont bother. I use Itunes and wmplayer( only for wma and wmv).

lets wait till it reaches v.1.0+, i do really need a quick loading player, that can manage hundreds of files easily, tho i think the GUI needs to be *slightly* tweaked

...yes it is tempting me away from winamp....

@kesh!: Download n try it for yourself, this player is not for everone,

(me guesses that its aimed for the more l33t amongst us)

For slow computers or for plp that want to save memory resources foobar is a must.

No need to be 1337 to want something thats EASY to use. If I want to listen to music I don't need a player with close to no GUI. As for being minimalistic... I find winamp much smaller and minimal than foobar.

As for the ressources... Try to load 30files into Foobar2000 and then try with winamp. Winamp enqueues the files in a split second... on the other hand foobar is really slow to append the files to your list.

I like it's minimal appearance. Its more advanved features are largely unused by myself, however, it has volume normalization that actually works which is nice. Since I listen to albums (and rarely single tracks) I really enjoy the customizability of the playlist with regards to visible data and how it's arranged. I also don't like skinned players' (especially things with brushed metal or even gradients for that matter) interfaces which is important as I enjoy customizing my desktop while having things match.

The primary reason I use Foobar is features and functionality. I personally hate completely skinned interfaces, such as those that Winamp and Trillian use. I've always liked all the applications on my computer to look uniform.

I think besides asking you should try it for yourself and see if it works for you. The worst that can happen is having to uninstall it.. As you can see everyone has different opnions. In my case is still hard to decide between Itunes and Winamp 5.

Used it for a while, hate the library features of it. There's no point in me keeping 12 different playlists when I can have a library that sorts it for me, and well. Plus, now that I found a tv-tuner plugin for Winamp ... I like it even more.

But foobar is great if you like playing songs from explorer, and compared to iTunes it uses way fewer resources.