Who is your favorite MLB Team? (2004)

oh yeah,, when they weren't dominant, you mean when the reign began........anyway, thats understandable, when you think of baseball you think of the yankees first unless your a really big fan of the sport. plus you live in NYC, so theres no problem, with me the people that annoy me are the ones from other places that know absolutley nothing about baseball but still rub it in your face win the world series (so, who was the yanks all-star first baseman again? ummm, WE WON!)

Well, no I'm not biased toward my team. I support them simply because I do not like the Mets as much as the Yankees. I do not "hate" any other team, not even the Angels, Marlins, or Diamondbacks. I do not spit in the faces of fans of other teams. I am not George Steinbrenner, so it's not like I can control his decisions. I'll support what he does, whether good or bad. I was rather annoyed how easily he was able to pick up A-Rod, but we'll leave that to another topic. This topic is for naming your favorite team, and I apologize for going off-topic in this thread.

I began watching baseball as a whole in 1994, when I still did not speak English very well, and I decided to stick with one New York team. At that time, I still had not heard of the history of the Yankees and how legendary the team and stadium actually are. Then 2 years later, they won the World Series, and I was shocked beyond belief.

So please trust me when I say this, that I liked the Yankees from the moment that I began to like baseball in early 1994, when the Yankees were not really as dominant and imposing as they are now, and don't call me "not a real fan", just because I live in NYC and am a Yankee fan. It is still possible to be a Yankee fan and be a real fan of baseball. Not like I can switch to another team, at least until I move to another city, as then I'd be called a traitor. I will support the Yankees for the rest of my life. I'm sure sometime in my lifetime they will suck again. They can't be dominant forever. I will support them still.

LA Dodgers...always have been, always will be. Even though there is not all that much to be happy about the last few years. I mean. come on. last year we have a miniscule ERA that should have won us the championship, but we averaged 3 and a half runs a game!!!! I think the Red Sox averaged 3 and a half runs an inning. And so looking for a big bat in the off-season we aquire the super-fantabulistic Juan Encarcion to help our offense. But I look at the bright side and think well at least he can strike out in batting practice and help boost the confidence of the batting practice pitcher...

yikes...

i cant believe the cardinals dont have any fans.. and im surprised blaise hasnt stopped by to identify with his phillies yet

i cant believe the cardinals dont have any fans.. and im surprised blaise hasnt stopped by to identify with his phillies yet

I thought about doubling down with White Sox and Cards. My dad is from the Springfield/St. Louis area so he's a big Cardinal fan. Too bad theres only one White Sox fan. :/