Streaming TV from TV card over network/internet??

is it possible to stream the data from a tv card on my pc to my bros.. its over a 100mb network. would be nice to have :)

if possible what kind of software would i need?

Originally posted by LiGhTfast  

is it possible to stream the data from a tv card on my pc to my bros.. its over a 100mb network. would be nice to have :)

if possible what kind of software would i need?

yes.. that would be nice.. i need a function like this, where if i put the dvd in my server computer, i can play it from another computer on the network.. but i dont think there is any software that will do this.. anyone else know of one?

for the tv card.. yes it is possible.. theoritcally it would work with any real time server application if it supports video input cards... however, you'd be limited to whatever channel was set on the computer.

As for dvd... I'm not sure, but simply sharing the dvd drive in windows and using a software dvd decoder on a client computer might work. But you'll need at least a 100mbs lan to do that (possibly more)

yeah .. the 100mb network aint a problem.. i got one.. but the sharing the dvd thing wont work .. because it'll only let u play on one computer on the network at a time.. i'm quite sure the dvd player cant handle playing both.