I got 3 questions...for the overclocking genius out here...Simple ques

Ok, three questions. I got a PIII 500(YEAH YEAH I KNOW!). I overclock to 575mhz by increasing the FSB in the Bios settings. BTW, i have a DFI P2XBL Rev.C Mobo. So now my FSB is 115mhz. I tried 120mhz but it just restarts or halts whenever i try to start windows. Sometimes when i let my computer cool for a day or two and try to go up to 120mhz again...it works! But for like 1 or 2 minutes...then WinXP would restart on it's own. How can i overclock more?! I am not even overclocking over 100mhz?! My friend got to overclock a 450mhz to 600mhz WITHOUT any Cooling!

Do I have to switch something in the mobo? Or is it just impossible to overclock anymore without any cooling?

Second questions, as some of you know DFI P2XBL Rev.C is a intel440BX chipset, and the AGP Slot is only 2x. Is there anyways to make it 4x?

Third...is there any ways to change the multiplier for my DFI P2XBL Rev.C MOBO!!!!!!!

SORRY, on more question...is there any unoffical DFI bios sites out there?

Originally posted by Shekers  

Ok, three questions. I got a PIII 500(YEAH YEAH I KNOW!). I overclock to 575mhz by increasing the FSB in the Bios settings. BTW, i have a DFI P2XBL Rev.C Mobo. So now my FSB is 115mhz. I tried 120mhz but it just restarts or halts whenever i try to start windows. Sometimes when i let my computer cool for a day or two and try to go up to 120mhz again...it works! But for like 1 or 2 minutes...then WinXP would restart on it's own. How can i overclock more?! I am not even overclocking over 100mhz?! My friend got to overclock a 450mhz to 600mhz WITHOUT any Cooling!

Do I have to switch something in the mobo? Or is it just impossible to overclock anymore without any cooling?

Second questions, as some of you know DFI P2XBL Rev.C is a intel440BX chipset, and the AGP Slot is only 2x. Is there anyways to make it 4x?

Third...is there any ways to change the multiplier for my DFI P2XBL Rev.C MOBO!!!!!!!

1. I dont know about this but i would try to increase the voltage and see if u can play with the ram setting.. also monitor ur temps

2. HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it

3. I did some research, try these jumpers http://sj.dfi.com.tw/download/MANUAL/38341935.PDF

how do u increase the voltage? by switch the DIP?

I tried to switch the DIP to 8x which is the max...and i still can't get any higher overclocking!!!

Ok...i know this sounds crazy, but is the DIP the voltage multiplier?

His multiplier is locked at 5, so he can only push the fsb.

If you have 100mhz ram that is prob the reason you can't get a very high fsb, also a heatsink on the northbridge helps. Also if you have cheap 100mhz ram you won't get far, name brand will get you further.

Also it's possible you need more voltage, this is either in the bios or on a dipswitch, and "8" is not a voltage setting, it's a multiplier setting.

8" is not a voltage setting, it's a multiplier setting.

ok, so the 8x is the multiplier...so y isn't the multiplier 8x...it is still 5x?

and the mobo i have is like the first DFI mobo that doesn't have jumpers.

k, thnx anyways. i just found out that the Processor automatically determines the Voltage...so i guess i can't change it