usb internal for 3.5 bay

Hi. I hope no one posted this yet, but I couldn't run a search for USB or 3.5 (didn't know NeoWin had a restriction on search, I guess if the word is too short then, it might stress the search engine).

Anyway, I'm considering purchasing a (you guessed it) USB internal hub to place in front on an available 3.5" drive bay. Has anyone tried this? I would like to know how the connection inside works. Where does the wire connect to. I see in pictures that there is the standard power connector for it to draw power from, but where does the USB connection happen? The product I'm considering has no real specs on the connections. It's from startech.com btw.

I have seen others on eBay that shows the USB male plug at the end of the internal card. Does this mean that I have to route the cable through an available PCI slot outside so that I can plug it in one of my USB ports?

Thanks for any info.

:)

actually, most that you'll find for sale work the way you stated mimeryme and will work with ANY computer that has at least one free usb port. It runs a wire through your computer and out the back that'll plug into one of the usb ports in the back. Handy if your motherboard doesn't have onboard usb pins. :)

My suggestion would be to look for one where it tells you the specs... if it doesn't tell you them at one website, look at other sites for the same product. :)