Mickelson WINS MASTERS!

Title says it all!

What a Sunday at Augusta. Phil Mickelson birdied 18 to win The Masters by one stroke over Ernie Els. Mickelson rallied from three strokes down on the back nine with birdies at 12 through 14 and 16 before the final putt curled around the lip and dropped.

Congrats Phil!!

Just watched the last round in its entirety. I'm glad that he has this rather large monkey (or in this case, maybe even a gorilla) off his back. He also seems like a good family man which heightens my respect for him.

I dont watch golf at all, but I saw he was tied for the lead going into the 18th so i had to watch. Biggie Biggie ups to Phil, i'm glad he won, hopefully he can put a little streak together

That is great news. Some people on Neowin have a tendency to play tricks on those of us that are gullible. I had to go to ESPN.com to double check. First major, couldn't pick a better place to do it.

yea so did I...not to mention on a 65" Hdtv was breathtaking. Very good Masters and go phil. I was getting goosebumps when he won almost choked up a little bit no lying

^ those were awsome shots. I loved how Tricket just flopped to the ground. Phil's last shot was awsome too.

Oh, and I hate golf but was forced to watch it at my Easter get together. Double-rum and coke in hand, trying to stay awake ;)

i think this will go down in history as one of the best masters ever. first, the walk off win. second, the pretty long putt that curls in. third, the round he had to shoot on the back to come from behind and win. fourth, it was PHIL getting his first! i've never been happier for phil and for a winner of a tournament.

Anyone catch those 2 aces on 16?  I remember Tricket and one other guy had one.  Amazing shots too.

Also, congrats to Phil. :D

Those were great shots, nearly identical. It's Triplett by the way. ;)

The other shot was by good old Paddy Harrington.

I looked at the lines of both shots, and they were like inches a part of where the ball started to break down to the hole.

dude. why can i not find any video of this ANYWHERE!!!?

did they not have rights to show on the web or something?

i mean, not like it's the olympics or anything...

Those were great shots, nearly identical. It's Triplett by the way. ;)

The other shot was by good old Paddy Harrington.

Yah, I knew I screwed up the spelling after I saw the highlights. :/