[MLB] Bonds hits 660

Don't really care about it. Wonder how many of those homers have been since doing steroids? Whether he says he does or doesn't, I'm inclined to believe he does. Granted, he has always been a good hitter with power, but how come it was a little later into his career he started REALLY hitting homers?

is anyone else tired of getting espn interrupted for every single bond at bat?

yes and no. but now, they dont have to do that until he reaches #714.

yes its damn annoying. they interrupted Around the Horn for it today.. not cool.. and then he got a single, and they showed like 20 replays of it instead of just going back to the show. they'll do it until he gets 661, then again once he gets to 699, 713, and 754, should he ever get that far.

who cares, notice hes gotten smaller since they caught on about the steriods, i see him getting injuried soon because he got off the juice, bonds is a moron thats my opinion

they interrupted Around the Horn for it today.. not cool..

that should be a federal crime for interupting Around the Horn and also PTI. with my new hours at work, I cant see neither one of the shows now :cry:

it should be also a federal crime for an uni not to have mountain dew in the vending machines :angry:

it should be also a federal crime for an uni not to have mountain dew in the vending machines :angry:

hahahaha

I so agree with that. Love that stuff.

As for Bonds. Who cares what he does anymore. The man is a good ball player flat out.

I've noticed he's a bit smaller.......wonder how much it cost him in trainers, etc.......to flush the

steroids from his system. One small mistep and he's history........broken bones, torn muscle etc......

Just look what happened to Mark McGuire........after he quit taking them, he went downhill fast.

Bonds will suffer the same fate. The only reason MLB won't crack down, is that the players

union has MLB by the nuts, and are afraid of a walkout......again.....

:alien:

Goddamit I wasted 2 hours watching the Padres game last night waiting to see if Bonds would break it but nada. Well I'll see the replay on SportsCenter I suppose.

I've noticed he's a bit smaller.......wonder how much it cost him in trainers, etc.......to flush the

steroids from his system. One small mistep and he's history........broken bones, torn muscle etc......

Just look what happened to Mark McGuire........after he quit taking them, he went downhill fast.

Bonds will suffer the same fate. The only reason MLB won't crack down, is that the players

union has MLB by the nuts, and are afraid of a walkout......again.....

:alien:

Bonds has always been an amazing player, I don't think he's going to fall apart all of the sudden, regardless of whether he's been using steroids or not.

i never liked him because he's always been so arrogant and the thing with the roids makes me hate him. anything he gets should have an asterisk next to it. i watched hank aaron get 714 and 715 but i don't care if i see anything bonds does.

You people make me sick.

There is nothing that proves, or even comes close to proving Bonds isn't all-natural. Get this through your heads people...steroids DO NOT allow you to hit more home runs. All roids will do is allow you to hit the ball further. Bonds has NEVER been a huge home run hitter...unlike McGuire. You don't see Bonds hitting 500 ft shots.

Having great hitting mechanics and quick hands....THAT'S how guys hit homeruns. Two things that you don't get (usually) as a younger player. They are things that you have to work at. Bonds has THE quickest hands in baseball. He's also one of the hardest workers out there. Any guy on the Giants team will tell you he's the first one in the gym and the last one out.

Bonds had ONE great year....and that year happened to be when almost every player had career highs for homeruns. He has been a steady 40hr hitter for the past 5-6 years. And for crying out loud, quit saying he looks smaller. That's simply not true. If Mark McGuire was in Bond's shoes today, you'd all be rooting for him....even though everyone knew he took roids.

You guys perceive Bonds as being arrogant and selfish. Where do you get these ideas? The only reason people think that is because the media spreads those rumors. Why? Because Bonds doesn't talk to the media. Ichiro has the same false things said about him in Japan...simply because he doesn't talk to the press.

If Mays is rooting for this guy, there's no reason why anyone shouldn't. Bonds is quite possibly the best player in baseball history. Once he breaks Aaron's mark, he WILL be the best player.

Aaron, Ruth, Mays....it's been that same top three for 30 years. So forgive me if I think you're idiots for whining about interrupting tv shows. This is bigger than 73 people. Where have all the real baseball fans gone?

If Mays is rooting for this guy, there's no reason why anyone shouldn't. Bonds is quite possibly the best player in baseball history. Once he breaks Aaron's mark, he WILL be the best player.

Well, Mays is his godfather, but I agree, Bonds is an amazing player. Find a guy who gets as many steals as he does and plays defense as well that's also a consistently good hitter.

Too bad he's on a bad team :happy:

I respect Barry as a great baseball player, if he's taken steroids or not. It seems to me though, as that Bonds has been swinging for the fences a lot recently. Constantly popping out, or striking out on a swing that makes him look like Tiger Woods.

superfula: It seems as though you're a Bonds fan. Look at it this way: say there's a player you don't like at all and he's coming close to breaking a record. You sit down and tune into ESPN to watch your daily favorite show (PTI, Around the Horn, SC, etc.) and the show gets interrupted to watch an at-bat of this ball player so you can see him live break his record which he might not even have a chance at getting for this at-bat. Could you imagine how annoying that could get, especially if they do it every 2 innings (=every 20-40 mins)? As I said before, I respect Barry and all, but the other day, they showed Barry being intentionally walked...WHY?! He's not going to smack the ball out of the park if he's being walked. You also contradicted yourself here somewhat...

Get this through your heads people...steroids DO NOT allow you to hit more home runs. All roids will do is allow you to hit the ball further.

I think its kinda understood, if you hit the ball further, it has a better chance of leaving the field.

Sometimes Bonds attitude is very lackadasical. I went to a spring training game in Arizona when the Giants played my White Sox. Bonds played 4 innings, and left after hitting a monsterous home run over the right field fence. At one point, a foul ball had rolled on the field, no more than 20 ft away from him, and he just sat there. You could tell he saw it too, but his laziness kicked in.

I respect Barry as a great baseball player, if he's taken steroids or not. It seems to me though, as that Bonds has been swinging for the fences a lot recently. Constantly popping out, or striking out on a swing that makes him look like Tiger Woods.

superfula: It seems as though you're a Bonds fan. Look at it this way: say there's a player you don't like at all and he's coming close to breaking a record. You sit down and tune into ESPN to watch your daily favorite show (PTI, Around the Horn, SC, etc.) and the show gets interrupted to watch an at-bat of this ball player so you can see him live break his record which he might not even have a chance at getting for this at-bat. Could you imagine how annoying that could get, especially if they do it every 2 innings (=every 20-40 mins)? As I said before, I respect Barry and all, but the other day, they showed Barry being intentionally walked...WHY?! He's not going to smack the ball out of the park if he's being walked. You also contradicted yourself here somewhat...

I think its kinda understood, if you hit the ball further, it has a better chance of leaving the field.

There are no contradictions. I am not a "Bonds fan". I respect the man. None of you people know Barry. You are all judging him on rumors and assumptions. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who judges him is an ass. A real fan of baseball would be cheering for him. Hell, my roomates and I run to the tv everytime ESPN jumps to his at bat.

Like I said, power has little to do with home runs. Either it's out, or it's not. If you hit the ball wrong, no amount of muscle will make up for a bad swing. Now if Bonds would put together a string of 70 hr season...3-4 in a row, THEN there could be some talk. But he hasn't. It is all being based on an unproven, unsubstantiated article the San Fran paper wrote up a month ago. It has no more relevance than anything the Inquirer prints.

I think he was saying if it was a matter of a few feet to get over the fence, you might be hitting more home runs. Bonds was already a home run hitter, and a consistent hitter. When he got 73 HRs, they weren't home runs that were sailing to Japan.

Absolutely. I am suprised they don't break away every time he takes a leak with his tiny shriveled member.

The 'roid beast keeps hitting homers, and I still don't care. he could hit 1000, and Aaron will still own the record in my mind.