G5 hardware

Hi,

I would like to what kind of audio car is on the bi-2Ghz PowerG5 ? And which kind of keyboard/mouse the G5 is ship (any links or screenshot are welcome)

Thanks

Janeiro

Hi man ;)

Thank, for the reply.

<french>

Je viens de faire la commande de mon G5 Bi-2Ghz avec un cinema display 23" :)

Puisque ca fait un moment que tu as fait le pas vers mac, peux tu me conseiller sur des incontournable 'mac' (sites, matos, forums...)

Je cherche aussi un bon clavier/souris sans fil avec 3 bouton et une molette. Bien sur j'aimerai que le look soit a la mode apple.

Merci.

</french>

My french is terrible, so I'm not going to butcher your language with a reply (and this is an english-centric forum anyway)

Anyway, congrats on the order I'm sure you'll be happy with the system. Resources to help you along with your mac experience depend on your experience with other systems. The resources I've found most valuable are:

ars technica's macintosh achaia

mac os x hints

apple developer connection

macscripter

mac dev central

If you don't have any mac os experience, nor any unix or programming background then I'm not so sure those sites will be terribly useful to you.

and then I read:

mac os x for unix geeks

os x in a nutshell

mac os x: the missing manual

mac os x maximum security

and then from the development side:

sams cocoa programming

and most of the o'rielly fair:

Learning cocoa with objective-c

Cocoa in a nutshell (for use when I finish the above)

Applescript in a nutshell

Practical Filesystem Design (it's written by the guy who now runs Apple's file-system design team, but isn't really dedicated to HFS+ - but it's freely available)

I also own, but haven't read:

learning carbon

mac os x advanced development techniques

As you can see: I've got a thing for o'reilly books.

As for a wireless mouse; i've been using this trackball with my powerbook since christmas and it's been excellent. these guys are always in macworld with some sort of devices for macintosh systems. The mice have a little bit of the apple look to them - they might be more what you're looking for. I've had the pleasure of using the "icekey" keyboard on a couple of occasions and it's beautiful: it's the powerbook keyboard style keys, but on a full size keyboard.

and of course neowin has a pretty good os x community too.

Session ... sorry didn't want to make you sad :p !

The evn show, thank you very much. That's a really fair help ! How did you understand what I wrote in french... some kind of translator? I'm currently a sys/network administrator in a mid-size computing services company, so I do my best to administrate my customers linux (redhat) and windows servers. Anyway I'm not a programmer and only have basics knowledge of shellscript, PHP, html & CSS. My taste goes to anything related to graphics arts.

sorry but I really don't like trackball :(

How did you understand what I wrote in french... some kind of translator?

I live in Canada so I'm exposed to it on occasion (like on the back of cereal boxes ;)). I wouldn't be able to speak it without mangling the pronunciation beyond recognition and my grasp on the rules is still pretty tenuous but I can read french well enough to get the basic message.