Safari API?

Safari is an application built using webkit and other standard cocoa classes (like NSUrl)

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/C...etWeb-date.html

If you poke around ADC you'll find all the information about webkit that you could ever want and even the source code for the render engine if that's the sort of thing you want to read. If you've already got a fair grasp on cocoa and objective c the you could probably just skip right to the

the webkit reference for objective C.

if you're more of a procedural applications guy, then the Carbondocumentaiton is probably going to be more up your alley.

Finally (well, not really: but it's the last area I'm going to post about) you can build cocoa applications with applescript - which means you can use webkit with it if thats more appropriate.

The webkit classes aren't just an html render engine, they include methods of handling history, downloading, the "back" button, and have protocols for searching text rendered by webkit objects.

Happy reading.

Edit: not to be anal, but IIRC this might be more appropriate in the programming forum.

yeah, but i wanted the information from the mac guys without hte "mac sucks, make another IE" bull**** ;)

i didnt see any of that in that post