...around proxy

in a workplace with a proxy server is there any way to access some of the websites that are blocked??...*nothing inappropriate ofcourse*...but is there any way around it?...if so..how?...*not logged in as admin*

You may well find that that doesnt work.

Content filtering doesnt specifically work on ip, but actively monitors the content being viewed.

If you have a real reason for doing this, speak to the proxy admin.. if not, get on with what you're payed for.

I grabbed this from another site, don't have a go at me if it don't work :D

Bouncer v1.0 RC2 Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP!

Bouncer is a network tool which allows you to bypass proxy restrictions and obtain outside connections from an internal LAN. It uses SSL tunnelling, which allows you to obtain a constant streaming connection out of a proxy. If you are restricted behind a proxy and can access secure online ordering sites, then you can get out to whatever host on whatever port you want. It also supports a lot of other features including socks 5, basic authentication, access control lists, and Web-based administration.

Whats new

1. Fixed DNS lookups under Linux and reverted back to gethostbyname() as gethostbyname_r() kept on causing segmentation faults.

2. Added --full-time option so it will output the date as well as the time on output.

3. Added --c_bind to bind outgoing connections to an IP address for machines with multiple ethernet adapters and virtual IP's.

(Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP) - /http://www.r00t3d.org.uk/bin/bouncer-1.0.rc2-win32.zip

(Linux Intel x86) - /http://www.r00t3d.org.uk/bin/bouncer-1.0.rc2-linux.tar.gz

Yeah the the only problem with that, is that if someone checks the proxy logs, you're internet activity will have been constant for all the time you've used the ssl tunnel, so you may well get in sh*te anyway..!