Warcraft scroll hell

I hope there is a genius out there that can help .

I am trying to play Warcraft 2 and the scroll is at light speed .

I have tried it in compatibility mode and that hasnt slowed it , I have set mouse scroll at the slowest , still no luck. It is almost unplayable/ Which is a shame as its my sons favourite game.

I am running Win XP professional on Pentium 3 , 1ghz , 256mb Ram and a Gforce gts 2 with 64mb ddr ram

Thanks in advance

Well if u wanna play warcraft 2... just use it on some old computer of urs cause i couldnt seem to get that problem fixed... or what u could do is get used to moving about the map with the directional keys

I had the same problem. Too bad. It happened after I upgraded to a 1.4 GHz processor. Warcraft II is a great game.

I remember reading somewhere about a program that will slow down your computer so you can play old games. I'll see if I can find it.

[edit]Ha Ha! I found it. It's at 3D Realms website in the Archived news section. The story is called NEW SLOWDOWN UTILITY http://www.3drealms.com/news/oct01.html[/edit]

Originally posted by mtgriffith

I had the same problem. Too bad. It happened after I upgraded to a 1.4 GHz processor. Warcraft II is a great game.

I remember reading somewhere about a program that will slow down your computer so you can play old games. I'll see if I can find it.

slow your computer down.. haha thats quite funny :D