Corey Dillon Traded to Patriots

oh damn.. just when things were looking up for Cincy they go and pull this BS.. 2nd rounder? come on.. Patriots make out like bandits on this one

I wonder if he's going to whine to the world that he didnt get traded to the team he wanted to go to, like Owens did

I wonder if he's going to whine to the world that he didnt get traded to the team he wanted to go to, like Owens did

Owens had a case though. As big of a Niners fan that I am, they tried to screw him BIG time. They went behind his back on the trade. Dillon, like many others, just said "it would be nice to play for [insert team here]". But the Eagles had a deal done with the niners. They then went behind the Eagles backs and got a deal with the Browns because they got a better draft pick.

anyway...back to the topic. Yeah, the Pats got a GREAT deal.....the deal of the year.

Owens had a case though. As big of a Niners fan that I am, they tried to screw him BIG time. They went behind his back on the trade. Dillon, like many others, just said "it would be nice to play for [insert team here]". But the Eagles had a deal done with the niners. They then went behind the Eagles backs and got a deal with the Browns because they got a better draft pick.

anyway...back to the topic. Yeah, the Pats got a GREAT deal.....the deal of the year.

the deal of the year was made by the redskins the day they adquired Portis

' date='Apr 19 2004, 18:13'] the deal of the year was made by the redskins the day they adquired Portis

I actually think they got screwed on that deal. It's much harder to find a good cornerback than a good runningback.

I actually think they got screwed on that deal. It's much harder to find a good cornerback than a good runningback.

portis is not a good running back, its a supper running back with some experience

You assume they got a good cornerback? When Quincy Carter can smoke you...you aren't a good CB.

You assume they got a good cornerback? When Quincy Carter can smoke you...you aren't a good CB.

Denver got what most in the nfl believes to be best CB in the game. ANYONE in ANY sport can have a bad day. That doesn't define the level of your play.

Denver got what most in the nfl believes to be best CB in the game. ANYONE in ANY sport can have a bad day. That doesn't define the level of your play.

Apparently, Washington...the team that traded him, disagrees.....and also added a 2nd rounder to the deal to prove it.

portis will be more valuable than bailey could ever dream of in washington.

too bad he wont get to play with gibbs.

btw boog, youre welcome for the msn im that led you to make this post ;)

us mods are TITE!

btw boog, youre welcome for the msn im that led you to make this post ;)

us mods are TITE!

:shifty:

Mods here in The Sporting Arena work together people, to bring you the freshest news around.

"The Sporting Arena. The #1 source for computer guys' sports cravings."

:shifty:

Mods here in The Sporting Arena work together people, to bring you the freshest news around.

"The Sporting Arena. The #1 source for computer guys' sports cravings."

you're GODDAMN right!

Apparently, Washington...the team that traded him, disagrees.....and also added a 2nd rounder to the deal to prove it.

Let's get the story straight here. He wanted out of Washington, and let everyone know about it. The only team that could afford him AND had a huge need, was Denver. Therefore Washington really had no choice when it came to the deal. Denver made their demand, and Washington had to take it. This deal will hurt Washington more than help. Denver will be MUCH better because of the deal. Great cornerbacks are RARE. They are THE highest commodity in the NFL. There are less than 10 great CBs in the league, while RBs number in the high 20s...at least one per team.

:(

Patriots could make it to the SB again!

/me hopes Pittsburgh does some great drafting lol

i bet they get a qb...release maddox, and start batch this season and then start the new qb after that.

i bet they get a qb...release maddox, and start batch this season and then start the new qb after that.

why. maddox is better than batch imo.

no way. batch can do the same as stewart...except play wr. but we have one of the best receiving squads in the nfl so there's no reason for it.

maddox's good season was a fluke. ever since he got that injury he hasn't been anything special. he wouldn't even be a starter on any other team.

i'm not saying batch should either though, but we need a mobile qb.

lol anyone but him, * > kordell

I do hope they draft a QB, upgrade their line and improve their defense but I think that's asking a little too much in one draft hehe