Court rules underclassmen ineligible for Draft

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04...tory?id=1785560

Running back Maurice Clarett was barred from entering this weekend's NFL draft by a federal appeals court that blocked a lower court ruling Monday.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said the NFL had shown it could win its argument that Clarett and other athletes like Southern California's Mike Williams should not be allowed to enter the league until they have been out of high school for at least three years.

What are your thoughts? I think Clarett will blow huge stones in the NFL....he couldn't hack one year in college. No way he makes it in the NFL.

A news source might help...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04...tory?id=1785560

I really don't think Clarett is ready for the NFL yet, mostly because he'd be in the draft as a running back and he would get crushed in the big boy's game. I could maybe see Williams as a 3rd-4th string WR just because I can't see a WR getting rocked that much. Only thing that Williams lacks is size though. He's got the speed, the agility, and the hands.

Edited by IlliniPi

now the question of whether or not clarett will be welcome back at OSU

even if he is welcomed back to OSU, he wont be able to play on the team anymore. so, he will have to play in the CFL or the Arena League.

even if he is welcomed back to OSU, he wont be able to play on the team anymore. so, he will have to play in the CFL or the Arena League.

The only reason he couldn't go back was because he signed an agent. But Ohio State could try and get the ruling overturned because of the extenuating circumstances. I'd think they'd have a pretty good case as well.

I think Williams would have been a stud. He's got speed, size, hands...can go over the middle or deep. He was projected by some to be the first WR picked. Hopefully he will get some eligibility time back at USC.

poop. this sucks. what a DUMB time to make this ruling. not even 6 days till the draft.

i bet they are all bitter. but in a good note, it could give them a chance to finish school.

but on another note. how long until pro sports make league wide rulings on not letting players in until they have atleast 3 years after they graduate high school.

i think it could be good...

poop. this sucks. what a DUMB time to make this ruling. not even 6 days till the draft.

i bet they are all bitter. but in a good note, it could give them a chance to finish school.

but on another note. how long until pro sports make league wide rulings on not letting players in until they have atleast 3 years after they graduate high school.

i think it could be good...

The NBA has been wanting to make that a rule for a few years now. Unfortunately, the players union disagrees.

yeah, what the hell is going on. what a nice time to make this ruling. clarett and williams can't go back to school cuz they signed agents. so what are they supposed to do now? kinda shady if you ask me.

you want my opinion? let anyone make themselves eligible for the draft.

if they are too small, not good enough, etc., there's a simple solution: DON'T DRAFT THEM. otherwise, if people think they are worth something, and want to draft them, and the player wants to be drafted, then whats the harm?

yeah, what the hell is going on.  what a nice time to make this ruling.  clarett and williams can't go back to school cuz they signed agents.  so what are they supposed to do now?  kinda shady if you ask me.

the court decision wouldnt overrule that?