Server/my documents folder

Guest Weasel526

Hi, I have many computers in my house that all of my family members use. I have XP on a couple of them and I was wondering if the possible situation would be feasible and how do go about doing it:

Since not everyone uses the same computer always, they always complain that when they do work on one computer, it never shows up on another computer, and I have to go into My Network for them to get the thing they were working on, it's a syncronization nightmare. So I was wondering, would it be possible to host all users My Documents folder on a central computer/server? I know I could just have everyone remember to save in a network folder, but is there anyway to change the default My Docs folder for a user?

HariSeldon

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but you could give it a try.

First, set up a central computer as a server, and share is as something that server. Then, create a folder for each user under the server computer. So, Joe Blow's share could look like serverJoeBlow. While you are logged in as our friend Joe Blow, right click on the My Documents folder and select Properties. Now you can change the target of the folder to the network share serverJoeBlow. I *believe* his documents will be stored there. Just an idea :) Another idea might be to *find* Win XP server, and use a network logon for each computer. Cheers!