$20K = New Car?

VW is good :)

Though i'm biased being a VW owner :)

I agree. Esspecially if its Golf or Jetta TDI (Turbo Diesel). Get about 45+mpg. Plus Diesel is cheaper than gasoline.

Mazda3 definately, it's the best bang for the buck. Fantastic performance, great ride and handling and the interior is definately better than what you'd expect in a 15k car.

mz3_5door_lrg_15.jpg :drool:

yes yes exactly, Mazda3! compare it to other cars' interiors and you'll see.

I also loved Mazda3. Hey aaron, last year were you looking to buy Mini? Did you buy it at last?

Why all those Japanese cars?? I'd have a Suzuki now, but it is the last time I buy a Japanese car. Those damn things are just too small for me. Take a look at European cars, they have style, look 100 times better then any Japanese junk.

Why all those Japanese cars?? I'd have a Suzuki now, but it is the last time I buy a Japanese car. Those damn things are just too small for me. Take a look at European cars, they have style, look 100 times better then any Japanese junk.

Japanese cars are not junk. I know they still can't match European engineering/style but many Japanese cars (especially luxury ones) were designed to compete with Europeans...even they got European style. Well Japanese car manufacturers have spent so much effort to bring the cars that match with European quality standards while maintaining lower cost than similarly equipped European cars. Take a look at Lexus & Infiniti...very successful in American market.

I also loved Mazda3. Hey aaron, last year were you looking to buy Mini? Did you buy it at last?

unfortunately no. :( the aussie dollar went up so friggin' high i couldn't afford it anymore. :( i'm looking to get a Mazda3 soon, probably in july. :) (i still wish i had the money for a mini though. :D)

btw Schmoove, as much as i love european cars, japanese cars are not junk.

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134524

Get a Mini Cooper or a Scion. I'd recommend a VW GTi R32, but are way over $20k. You may be able to get a 4 cyclinder GTi, though, but go for the VR6 if you can.

BTW. Lots of people say American cars are junk and lots of others say Japanese cars are junk. Neither is true. There aren't many cars at all that are "junk" anymore. Maybe if buy car from Taiwan or Korea, but I even know happy Kia owners.

I got an 89 Accord with 310000 KMs on it and its going strong. So id go a V6 Accord or the non hatchback Mazda 3 (which imo looks better than the 6).

if you are a guy dont get a mini cooper, those cars look nice in high school girls, when I see men driving those cars, I want to barf. haha and I am not one to date because the car has a nice car, but yeah, a guy in a mini cooper? no-no.

:p

Actually how about like.. an audi?

Japanese cars are not junk. I know they still can't match European engineering/style but many Japanese cars (especially luxury ones) were designed to compete with Europeans...even they got European style. Well Japanese car manufacturers have spent so much effort to bring the cars that match with European quality standards while maintaining lower cost than similarly equipped European cars. Take a look at Lexus & Infiniti...very successful in American market.

Quality wise, no, Japanese cars are good cars. They even tend to break down later then European cars. So if you want a indistructable car you should definitly get a Toyota or something.

Design wise, yes, Japanese cars look cheap... at least that is my opinion. I can't get excited of a Toyota, a Mazda, a Mitsubitsi or a Honda. They are just ugly in my opinion. A Peugeot, a Volvo, a BMW, a Mercedes, these cars look just so much better.

People said that japanese are stronger than corean cars. My uncle owned a Galant 2003 and got into a huge accident in it and the car almost almost killed him.

I remember mazda was in very big losses, is the company healthy now?

recent example daewoo closed their doors.

I believe Mazda is back to profitability, but not 100% sure.

People said that japanese are stronger than corean cars. My uncle owned a Galant 2003 and got into a huge accident in it and the car almost almost killed him.

well that's why mitsubishi is in big trouble now. ;)

• 4 weeks later...