[NBA] Rookie of the Year award handed out

Should have been Carmello. His team only won 17 games last year and this year they're in the playoffs.

i completly agree, dont get me wrong Lebron is a great player and all around athlete but i think carmello should have got the award seeing how his team is in the playoffs after a horrid season last year

I like Melo, but going off of personal stats, you have to say that Lebron is superior. 20, 5 and 5 is incredible. I think if Melo would have put up stats other than scoring, he would have won. He just needed more dimes and boards.

melo was the rookie of the month several times for the and ALSO the player of the month in west.

I like Melo, but going off of personal stats, you have to say that Lebron is superior. 20, 5 and 5 is incredible. I think if Melo would have put up stats other than scoring, he would have won. He just needed more dimes and boards.

Carmelo: PPG 21.0, RPG 6.1, APG 2.8, SPG 1.18 + his team made the playoffs in WEST (MUCH stronger of the two conferences)

LeBron: PPG 20.9, RPG 5.5, APG 5.9, SPG 1.65 + no playoffs

both had same season high points (41)...

I'm not trying to take anything away from leBron, but melo was just as good (if not better) and his assists would be higher if nuggets had someone like boozer and Z around him.

it should've been AT LEAST a tie.

It was an obvious choice, the 'NBA' pratically gave it to him on draft day..

Yeah really. His popularity is much higher than Anothony. No wonder he got more votes.

mann..full of CRAP! shouldve been carmelo, BUT carmelo didnt play one game due to some off court problems with his team, tha was a BIG TURN OFF, but again.he took his team to playoffs...in THE WEST GUYS, THE CRAZY A$$ WEST, not east, i think a co mvp (both of em) shouldve been fair, but mehh..i personally like melo better

I think what hurt Melo was when he pulled that immature stunt when he wouldn't go back into the game when they were losing. Jordan straightened him out though.

If you want to consider the stats, you have to consider that Carmelo played in the West while James played in the much weaker East.

also consider that boozer and ilgauzkas were made into better players because of 'bron