HP PSC1210 printer

The HP printers don't come with a regular set of cartridges. At least, they didn't when I did support for them. If you see the letter "A" next to the number of the cartridge, that means that the cartridge is not a full capacity cartridge. HP makes their cash from ink sales, and they tend to skimp out on the cartridges that come with their printers so end users have to make a run to the store for more ink sooner than normal.

If you just need a printer with no scanning capabilities but still want to do some photo printing then the Deskjets would be perfectly fine. I think if I were to ever buy another HP printer, it would have to be a PhotoSmart. There is hardly any difference between the chassis for the PhotoSmart printers and some of the OfficeJet printers. Think of a PhotoSmart as a PSC series without the scan bed.

Right now, I am digging the Epson 900 series printers. I just think the ability to be able to print on CD and DVD media is dope, and it saves the trouble of placing printed labels on the media. Labels thicken the width of the CD/DVD media and cause them to get jammed in feed loaded CD/DVD players. It also makes the CD/DVD a little more heavier for the drive or player to spin it and can cause wear on your drive/player. Being able to print directly on the media is a nice touch and leaves a little more flexibility. Just remember to test print on a piece of regular paper before you feed the CD/DVD through though, lol.

i'll look into that epson, i think my uncle is going to buy one soon.

i looked at my cartridge and i feel very cheated by Staples. the guy told me it was a full ink cartridge, at the same time i'm more amazed at this printer. having it for 9 months and i still have ink. just today i printed a 40+ page contract on good quality.

also to elfangor, i was in the printer properties today, and i noticed this (see pic) i don't know if this is what you're looking for.

post-104-1084694156.jpg

i'll look into that epson, i think my uncle is going to buy one soon.

i looked at my cartridge and i feel very cheated by Staples. the guy told me it was a full ink cartridge, at the same time i'm more amazed at this printer. having it for 9 months and i still have ink. just today i printed a 40+ page contract on good quality.

also to elfangor, i was in the printer properties today, and i noticed this (see pic) i don't know if this is what you're looking for.

I work at Staples, we try to make sure the client leaves knowing the cartriges are only half full. Of course store policy can't control the actions of every employee but rest assured, it is not Staples that cheated you rather the employee. If you think about you werent really cheated though, if there was a full ink cartrige then the printer would mostlikely cost more.

I feel the same way you do, I purchased a Deskjet 940c like two years ago and haven't had to change either starter print cartriges.

I would like to point out that the drivers do not have an obvious option to print in black & white. :alien:

As you can see, the printing options are *minimal*. They are in greek, since it can understand the

language I am using, however. I have added a few explanations.

The second tab has a single button that opens "hp toolbox", where you can align or clean the

cartridges, print a test page or view an estimation on how much ink is remaining.

I was a bit curious, so I removed the tri-color cartridge and tried to print using only the black one.

Not suprizingly, a msgbox appeared that told me to go to my local computer store and buy an

hp 57 ink cartridge, and after that I would be able to continue printing!

^Ignore this paragraph, I just couldn't refrain from writing it! I was just exaggerating.

The solution to print in b&w is to go to that "hp toolbox" (not that much of a tool though),

Format (or Formation or something like that. the term they use in greek is "Διαμόρφωση"), and under

"additional accessories" or sth equivalent select "single black color ink cartridge".

Don't forget to change this back to "both cartridges" later.

An other option would be to print to a pdf document and later print that. That's what I do when I

want to use the laser printer at my Univ lab.

I would also note that indeed the ink cartridges have the letter "a" at the end of their number, though

I didn't know what it means. I will check it tommorrow with my mates' printers.

post-104-1084921159.gif

Indeed, I have the HP PSC All-in-one 1350, which is an upgrade to that one. This printer is the best printer I ever had, and trust me, I've had plenty of them. I purchased it in December for $120 and it is still running on the default ink cartridge that came with it. I've printed about 5 research papers averaging 11 sheets per research paper. One thing I've also noticed is its photo quality. I scanned a few pictures and decided to print them on picture paper and to my dismay, it came out perfect.

The downside as King said is the software you are FORCED to install. I have about 300 mb of crap installed and I cannot uninstall it or else the printer won't even work. The only thing I was successful uninstalling was Memories Disc, which I do no use.

Very good printer for an average user and student.

Ya, i have a PSC1350 that i got for xmas and it's great. My uncle has a PSC1210 and it's crap

i was browsing around @ circuit city and i found a rebate for the hp PSC 1350. :woot:

if you purchased your pc or laptop at any time between 4/4/04 and 6/26/04 you are eligible for this 50 dollar rebate. The rebate says ANY pc or laptop, so it doesn't have to be an hp pc or laptop to receive the psc 1350 printer.

i was thinking about getting the 1210 because I was hesitant about spending the extra 50 dollars on the 1350 but now it seems that i wont have to deal with that dilemma.

Take advantage of the 50 dollar mail-in-rebate if you recently purchased your pc/laptop any time between 4/4/04 and 6/26/04. "Requests must be postmarked within 45 days of purchase date"

http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_contentdispl...u=c&incat=91778

check out the rebate link @ circuitcity :yes:

Further explanation @ hp site

http://h30014.www3.hp.com/offers/us/detail.asp?id=334&re=1

Once you read all that, and qualify, print it out @

http://h30014.www3.hp.com/offers/us/pdf_pr...pcbundle_us.pdf

Edited by prelude18