Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - PC

I just bought MGS2 Substance for my PC. I installed it, but the intro movie locks down and I have to quit the game.

I do have all latest drivers on my system (nVidia etc.) as well as the latest patch for this game from the official site.

Can you tell me how I can get this game running?

Hehehe something similar happened to me with my nVidia FX 5200 card when I entered rooms the game just shut down. What I have heard is this game is picky on what card works good. I haven't tried this game yet with my 9800pro. Its a really good game what I have played with my 5200 FX. Also I emailed their tech support and good luck getting a responce back.

The system specifications at the back of the DVD cover mention that -my- GeForce 4 Ti is compatible with the game. Plus my computer meets all the rest of the system requirements to run this game.

So, what (else) could be the problem here?!?

Man seriously no matter what i tried it always failed! its actually something to do with your video codecs, sometimes it just workd for some people but it never worked for me check out the konami forums. i had to finish the game without the cutscenes (the ones that were in movie format) the ones that were rendered ingame were great.

Any other suggestions for getting this game running on my comp??

It won't also not run on my new Plextor 116-A 16x DVD-ROM. So, I it ain't probably firmware related stuff of DVD-players?

I guess it's nVidia's problem. However, downgrading my videodrivers to the 4x.xx series also didn't work.

did you install any patches?

if you did, there is your problem, this game has two patches out there, and they are specially made for ati cards, if you install them and you got nvidia the game will freeze and crap out on you.

did you install any patches?

if you did, there is your problem, this game has two patches out there, and they are specially made for ati cards, if you install them and you got nvidia the game will freeze and crap out on you.

I did install the patches upon first install of the game.

After - not exactly willingly :unsure: - reinstalling Windows my computer with the games etc. I didn't.

So, NOW I have a clean computer with MGS2:S installed WITHOUT any patches for MGS2:S. This couldn't be the problem than, right?

And - see sig - I do have a nvidia GeForce 4 GPU. Could this be the problem me having nvidia and MGS2:S "only" runs on Ati-cards, since the game has to run with my comp.specs, or can it be something else? And if so, what can I do to troubleshoot it?

actually the game runs better on nvidia cards, the patches were released because ati cards used to get like 5 fps before

actually the game runs better on nvidia cards

eeerhmmm.... not on my nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 :no:

Can you tell me what you did - if you have/had a nvidia card - to let the game (smoothly) run on your PC?

right now i got 9800 pro

but before i had ti4200 128mb, and it run, just fine, installed, set up the config, and it worked

and which settings did you use (coz I got the ti4200 as well), since the game don't run on my computer.... :no: :angry:

did you run the game on 800x600 or 1024x768?

and the rest was all 'default' settings of your videocard etc. (all listed under the 'options' menu)??