problem with IE 6.0 build#2479

Question

OS=WinME

IE 6.0 build#2479

Lately I've been having trouble loadingup pages that require username/password (yes, i have my own u/p). I've tried going into Tools>Internet Options>Security and changing the security settings (to anything but medium--default) as soon as I press the ok button and then go back to make sure its not on default security, its reset to medium again!

My problem, I cannot load my pages, any suggestions?

8 answers to this question

..the problem..IE wont even load the page! The browser will show it is loading the page (I've let it sit for long period of time--30+ minutes and it stays at the same "still loading" position).

update on problem: I tried the page again at midnight (and now at 2am), and I got in..swift as ever. Seems to be selective when it wants to work or not:( Doesnt work until late at night??:confused:

I have also IE6 (2501) and have also some problems, like quicktime plug-in doesn't work any more.

You can try open the page with: altavista, babelfish.

sometimes it works for me.

2479 is awesome. fast and easy to use. Have you tried fix/repair from add/remove programs. What OS? if you have ben downloading a lot of bsht you should probably format and reload everything. Nothing like a clean instl except wild sex.

I am running 2512.1 on win2k SP2.

QT plug-in now workz (thank god, ****ing mac ****ty format), and... I have never had that bug, but 2512.1 is definately a keeper.

I keep it on my HD in case official IE6 is balls!

:D

Well so far all the builds i got have been great. Original and the second beta and 2505.1 and 2512.1. They have been stable and ran without probs.