Extreme Volcano 12

Wow, I've just installed my new cpu fan Extreme Volcano 12 it's damn hot!!!!

I was at 51C (cpu)/34C (mobo) with my standard fan amd 2700+

then I had an old Volcano 7 which decrease the temp to 46C (cpu)/32C (mobo) , which is very bad in my opinion and with the noise that volcano 7 does... ouch

Then I bought this Extreme volcano 12 and now I idle at 32C!!!!!!

I am now at 32C (cpu)/23C (mobo) and the fan is only set at 2300 rpm (minimum)

there is barely tiny noise coming from there too unless I pump up the speed to 5000 rpm which sounds like

a 747 flying over my house

I recommand this fan for everyone

Got a Volcano 7 running on my AMD system at home...

Freak'n loud doesn't describe how loud the guy really is. Never had a problem other than that with it.

Luckily, most of the newer AMD systems come with an acceptable cooler already installed, so wont have to worry too much on my next purchase because i dont o/c.

yes it is a very decent heat sink and that fan doesnt to badly either.. especially cos of the width of those blades and their angle

but as you said at top speed it sounds like a 747 and i doubt u see much improvement

over all an ok sink

I have the 11+ on full blast lol

Got somewhat less pitchy when I took the "X" grill off of it, I have a tv in my room so the noise from it isn't that distracting. ;)

Yes.. I love my Volcano 7... BECAUSE its so loud....

I always know if my computers on or not.... from rooms away :)

Seriously, it's become a matter of pride when its on full blast, and I can't hear anything.... :happy:

I wanted to buy that fan but it was out of stock so I bought an Aero 7+ :p

Do you use Arctic Silver under that heatsink?

Yes I did use artic silver... all the time even with the stock fan at the begining

Ok right now, it's full blast (5600 rpm) and my temp went down from 32C to 29C in the first 30 sec... now its stuck there

But you should hear the 747 over my head

Ok right now, it's full blast (5600 rpm) and my temp went down from 32C to 29C in the first 30 sec... now its stuck there

But you should hear the 747 over my head

sounds like cranking it up to 5000 rpms is on really worth it since it then sounds like a 747

well I think I can live with the min speed that decrease the temp at 32C

compared with 46 that I had.... that's a big improvement..

no need to crank to 5000+ rpm for the 3C that it gains...

That sounds pretty good!@

And the fan only has three blades, i'll be ...

Thats some good air circulation, I think my pc runs like 48C normal and gains like 10C under Full Load. No Arctic silver I had to do a make shift replacement Aero 7 Lite which actually does some justice, the other one was a similar ThermalTake High Performance Volcano 10 or so which seemed to shake the ground at full speed and my mobo had some crazy speed control. Anyway, that fan is now part of my air intake on the bottom of the case, however I don't even have it plugged, it's unbearable until my newly ordered fan control arrives! The thing spins like 5K RPMS and it sounds like a turbine in my not so large PC room. My thermaltake is now available on ebay for like 5 or 8 bux, I must've paid like 20 or more originally. It's definitely a good one to pick up.

Extreme Volcano 12 w/ 3 Blades is a force to be reckoned with!

I have the same cooler on my A7N8X D with a 2700+ ...3 straight months of running 32-34...and im in Sacramento where it is pretty damn hot...its a good copper cooler and the 3 bladed fan looks great too....( err, not that i ever look...heh :p :D

also , if i play Farcry for 3 hours straight its still around 36-37...my stock amd cooler would idle around 50 here in Sac...14-18 degrees is a huge difference

Got a Volcano 7 running on my AMD system at home...

Freak'n loud doesn't describe how loud the guy really is. Never had a problem other than that with it.

Luckily, most of the newer AMD systems come with an acceptable cooler already installed, so wont have to worry too much on my next purchase because i dont o/c.

hehe i have a volcano 6cu+, runs at 7000 on my amd system. I hate it, getting a zalman to replace the thing because I cant even do work on the desk when its on :D

the volcanos aren't that loud, sheesh...

you people complaining about the slightest noise...if you care so much, then insulate your system so you won't hear anything

i just replaced my volcano 6+ with zalman 6000cu, I can actually hear my hard drive now, its amazing and I dont hear the pc unless I'm in the room :happy: I think the loudest thing right now is the PSU fan

finalcut: quiter than the zalman only in lowest setting I bet right?

*ROFLMAO*

It is a point of pride for some people...

My friend has the coolermaster Jet...thing...

I think is funny.. his looks like a jet, mine sounds like one. :D :D :D

I'm using the Volcano 7+ constantly on full

I removed the speed controller.

For one, it kept cutting out.. I was playing NFS:U and the fan just switched off!!

Running a 2800+ I was in a momentary state of shock.. I froze for about 10 seconds (losing the race, btw!)

After giving the PC case a quick smack, the fan started again and I decided to remove the control switch and connect the fan directly to the main board. Just took a minute to put the speed sensor wire into the 3-pin plug.

Still.. I'm thinking of getting the Giga-byte 3D Pro or the Tt triple heatpipe unit...

Or, the new Coolermaster WC kit. With the twin drive bay unit.. all in Ali. :)

• 3 weeks later...

ive got a volcano 11.

too noisy at full rpm but found best temps/sounds are from 3500 - 4000 rpm

bought it last summer when it was ludicrously hot in my flat and temps were averaging.

on my old akasa i found it more effective with the fan blowing cooler air onto the fins as opposed to away but may not suit everyone...

i got a volcano 11 too

3500 is too loud for me

usually run it at 2300, 2700 max

replaced all case fans with stealth fans too

yeh one thing for sure is the coolermaster areo 7 range are sooo loud!! my A7Lite drowns out blow dryers and is audible over my Videologic ZXR-550 Speakers on fairly loud!

I only run it at 2000 rpm so at tht its barely audible.. u can sorta hear it which gives me peace of mind that its still running!

I am planning on buying this, but I want some other options. I do not care AT ALL about noise, as long as it cools a lot. What would be the best fan?

I am planning on buying this, but I want some other options. I do not care AT ALL about noise, as long as it cools a lot. What would be the best fan?

Depends on what size you need. I needed high CFM for maximum cooling of these XEONs and I could only put 80mm fans on the heatsinks. Although they are really loud @6000 rpm, the Vantec Tornado TD8038H, they push 84CFM to my CPU's ... each. If you want maximum cooling, plan your rig for single direction high airflow. Most go from front to rear (sucking in cool air in the front and exhausting hot air out the rear). Look for high CFM if you want to maximize cooling.