your take on php

Question

im new to web programming and ive just recently found out about php. now that ive been looking around it seems to be everywhere. what are some of your predictions on what the standard will be in the coming years? cgi doesnt seem to be used as often anymore...but this is just from my observation! you guys know everything so i would like your take on it

7 answers to this question

PHP is an awesome language to use. It's designed to make "on the fly" webpages from data set in a database. It's not to difficult a language to learn, and much can be done with it :). Right now I'm making some modules for phpnuke (a php-based web portal).

Originally posted by ^cYpHeR

PHP is an awesome language to use. It's designed to make "on the fly" webpages from data set in a database. It's not to difficult a language to learn, and much can be done with it :). Right now I'm making some modules for phpnuke (a php-based web portal).

hey cypher where did you get that awesome php script? whenever i goto your site it automatically generates:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server."

on the fly even! crazy! thats some heavy scripting in action alright! ;)

ya thats alot better than the 'forbidden site' . i guess i can tell its still under construction. id really like to do a php site myself now. but the hard part is actually coming up with something for it to be about!