Can You Guess What Game This Video is From?

If you look in the center of the light (well duh) there's a crosshair visible when it's over some darker portions.

Anyways, I haven't seen any early HL2 code so I can't confirm or deny. My first guess would've been a new Red Faction game, as someone else said. I just got a real RF vibe, with the digging machine and the square ugly room...ugh, hated that game. Of course if it was from Red Faction that'd probably be finished code.

,Apr 29 2004, 21:46] maybe its a very old build of the new unreal engine, deus ex 2 comes to my mind

Just to get this straight DeusEx2 does not use the upcoming UnrealEngine3 the one with PS 3.0 and stuff... DX2 used UnrealEngine2 but it was upgraded to make some use of DX9. I just wondered what you were calling "new" since the UnrealEngine2 has been used for quite some time now.

Ok, I'll fess up, I took it in the HL2 Beta using Fraps. If I remember correctly it's on this level where you go down the stairs and theres this nasty thing constantly spawning headcrabs :x So I typed some console code so that I could go through walls and stuff and I went through this fence and went back into the body of the player and I saw this thing it looks like some sort of digging machine. So I got in and it wouldn't go anywhere and I couldn't get out. One other interesting note about the beta that I remember (and maybe people have already mentioned this) but periodically up in the right hand corner when I was playing I saw something about "x days till Sept. 30th."

One other interesting note about the beta that I remember (and maybe people have already mentioned this) but periodically up in the right hand corner when I was playing I saw something about "x days till Sept. 30th."

Really? That's pretty amusing considering what has transpired. Guess it didn't provide enough motivation...

Just to get this straight DeusEx2 does not use the upcoming UnrealEngine3 the one with PS 3.0 and stuff... DX2 used UnrealEngine2 but it was upgraded to make some use of DX9. I just wondered what you were calling "new" since the UnrealEngine2 has been used for quite some time now.

by new I mean the latest released one