[t'interweb] TCP bonding

Hi,

I have a rubbish internet connection as i am out of reach of all broadband technologys except the expensive and unreliable satalite broadband.

I have toyed with aggregating multiple lowband connections which works ok for multi thread things like loading web pages etc, but is no good for single tcp connection stuff like socks connections etc over the interweb.

I have been toying with an idea that is entireley possibel, but i cannot find an implementation of the software that i could try. I work for an ISP and have a co-located web server runnign red hat 9 on it. this server has plenty of bandwidth to/from it , tha is not a problem.

I woudl liek to find and implement some kind of client/server software where i have a service runnign o nthe co-located box and the client to it at home.

Hoiw it would work, the home machine would be the gateway for my LAN doing NAT, as it recieved requests it would encapsulate all of the packets kind of liek a vpn (but no encryption needed) and send the packets evenly over multiple tcp connections, one connection down each low band link, once they go tto the server they would be un-encapsulated and rebuilt as they were recieved by the hoem machine, this woudl then NAT them out onto the internet and reply packets to my cleint machine son my LAN at home would be sent back to the home machine in the same way.

I have been scouring for ages and all i have found are soem white papers, soem ppl saying its entirely possible to build the software, and this that seems like an implemented product : http://www.ml-ip.com/html/products/ml-ipc-overview.html

Anyone got any clues where i could start on this kind of thing ? I am goign to contact epipe for soem quotations fo rthe software, but they providde sopultions ,as inthey install everythign and provide the hardware etc, i dont wan thtis, i want to set it all up myself.

Any info at all apreciated.

Thanks

Mark

bump ;)

can no-body help or comment ?

perhaps i chose the wrong subject , The only thing i can find that comes close to this is the epipe software which costs $1,000 for a lisance, and its only for personal use :(

any help apreciated