Alpha Black Zero Demo

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?acti...&threadid=48673

Your thoughts on it? Mine:

It's a huge let down, to be honest. I'm having some major problems with it. For one, your squad does not move until you order them. What I mean by this is that you can move around the whole time by yourself, and your squad will never follow you or support you until you order them to. Sorry, but that's just too much micromanaging to me.

Also, the AI stinks. You can walk right next to them, but unless they're facing towards you they won't be able to attack you at all. Sometimes you can even fire at them and they won't face you. Sorry, but that's just unexusable.

I'm also having problems remapping the keys. After you remap one and try to remap another it will try to remap it with the same key. What you have to do, is after you remap one key you go back in to the game, use a few other keys to do something (i.e. reload, etc.) and go back and change the keys, then repeat the process however many times until you're done remapping keys.

The unit animation for running looks rather bad (and it's a very slow pace, at that), but the grapics are actually rather amazing. It uses the Serious Sam engine and looks great.

The game has some major problems, but it had so much potential... ah well

The HUD could also use some work, but that's just a minor detail.

Lastly: what's with not being able to change characters unless you die?!

Actually, I just played it more and my opinions on it have changed significantly.

Though the AI still doesn't impress me, it's not as bad as I originally thought. It does put up a decent fight, but it still can't tell if you're next to it or behind it sometimes, however. It's not Nightfire bad, however.

The graphics are excellent. The graphics are the strong point of this demo and they look very good. It's kind of hard to believe it uses the Serious Sam engine, actually. But it really pushes it. It won't require a beast of a rig, but it'd really help. The movement animation for characters sucks, though. It's the same used for Serious Sam and it looks odd from third-person.

The characters in your don't follow you off the bat, but if you give them a command they'll follow you the rest of the game. It seems even when you go to other missions they'll stay with the previous commands given to them (in previous missions).

The gameplay's actually pretty good. It's a mix of run-and-gun and stealth. It's really cool having 5 members in your squad. I don't like how you cannot switch members to control unless you die, however. That needs to be changed.

The HUD still needs work I think, however. The early screenshots had a much better HUD, and I'm kind of curious what happened to it. I'll try to find the screenshots for that.

I would have loved to play the game more in depth but then my computer enters into the game my mouse hits an invisiable wall in the middle of the menu and I cant get my mouse over to the side to click on new game or options or anything. That is terrible enough for me to for go the game.