[NBA] Garnett wins MVP Award

Definately deserving. I know I've said it before, but there's not a harder working player in the NBA than Kevin Garnett, and he's been that way since his rookie year when he came off the bench.

There was a great article on Page 2 on ESPN.com about how KG is the best basketball player to ever play the game - not comparing stats, results, etc. (we all know MJ is the best ever;) ) but as a basketball player, there's not one negative part to Kevin's game. Rebounding, passing, block shots, dribbling, outside shooting, post play, leadership. I don't know, I'm glad to have been able to see him play in person.

I don't really watch bball but knew enough to know KG deserved this.. and I'm hoping he gets a title this year because I'm getting sick of hearing about the Lakers/Spurs.

i dont care for duncan, but there team is still playin good basketball and he has less there, so why is garnett so much better than tim? ginobli and parker arent better than spree and cassel

the players have degraded so much since the days of Jordan and the like that we have now voted a thug, as good as he is, like KG to the top. Don't get me wrong - he is good - but being good also should have character involved...

Erm...KG is one of the most likeable guys in the NBA. He is far from a thug, man.

I agree, maybe you have him confused with someone else?

Nope - he's definitely a Thug...starring on late night BET with Snoop on girls gone wild videos...

definite thug.

he is just as thug as ALL of the NBA. there are character guys out there and being on a snoop video is better than what most of these guys get mixed up in and there are PLENTY of examples. if being in a snoop video is his crime? then damn what do u think of kobe? jason kidd? iverson? marbury? if that video is all the evidence you have as to him being a thug :rolleyes:

he is just as thug as ALL of the NBA. there are character guys out there and being on a snoop video is better than what most of these guys get mixed up in and there are PLENTY of examples. if being in a snoop video is his crime? then damn what do u think of kobe? jason kidd? iverson? marbury? if that video is all the evidence you have as to him being a thug :rolleyes:

Oh cmon Chris...

you have got to be kidding me...

Define Thug...

not matter what u say i dont see him as a thug. from a rough hood growing up? most nba players are but he has more character than and a.i. who doesnt even like "practice." either ur being sarcastic or your misusing the term

Nope - he's definitely a Thug...starring on late night BET with Snoop on girls gone wild videos...

definite thug.

WEll, sorry...I completely disagree with you...I met the guy once when he was in Phoenix....really quality guy. Out shopping with Loren Woods, and Stephon Marbury, outside the Ritz Carlton in '02. The Suns were hosting the Timberwolves.

yeah and i met him twice in minneapolis too for two summers in a row. once he was in a club with one of his boys and again at a red lobster with a bunch of his friends. his character shouldnt be based on the COMPANY the man keeps. he has friends from the sport he plays. if you saw him hanging with kobe what would u call him then? if you want to draw some kinda conclusion based on who u see him with then i will hang with him and see if u call me a millionaire! unless u got him on a police report on something then give the man credit for his character for what it is and has been to this point.

character shouldnt be based on the COMPANY the man keeps.

uh - it totally should. Define character!

• 4 weeks later...

Garnett has come a long way. He went from a Chicago Public High School...not the greatest place to be, to one of the best basketball players in the world.

To define him as a thug is a slap in the face to all those people who made their mark through sports.