Windows XP Min Specs

That is very similar to the system my g/f has and she runs XP. It runs quite a lot slower than the older OSs such as 98 and ME, but that is to be expected with all the visual effects.

But if you turn lots of the graphical enhancements off it runs quite well. I would personally not mind using it on such a computer.

If you are unsure you could always install it on a seperate partition and dual-boot to give it a go.

XP runs awesome on my other machine thats a K6 300 128meg ram. Full speed with all graphic enhacements on. As long as you have atleast 128meg of ram. it will run fine.

My main machine is a Tbird 1200mhz with 768megs of ram, XP is smooth as a babys bottom. :?

Hi all ! I upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro (NTFS file system) to Win XP Pro RC-2 and it runs just fine, slower than 2K though .

My specs 256MB PC100 SDRAM, Celeron processor 500MHz (66MHz front bus), 10.2GB hard drive with 7GB or free space,

up to 11MB alocated for video memory, and a SVGA monitor .

However I'd like to upgrade my processor cause Celerons only have 32KB L1 cache and 128KB L2 and the front bus is 66MHz so the multipier would be 7.6 . I will change for a P-III running at least 800MHz to improve performance . My Celeron is sometimes used at 100% when it is running aplications like Norton AV 2002 and other, I think a P-III would perform much better while rning those kind of applications.

Originally posted by Sleeper  

Can anyone tell me wot XP Pro will run like on a AMD K6-2 350 with 256SDRAM, will it be decent, or will it run like a dog?

According to 3DSpotlight, you can run XP on a PII 300 with 64MB RAM. So you should be fine.

BTW, I tested XP 2505 on a PII 233 with 64RAM, worked good :D