Pete Rose

Im sure there's plenty of ppl out there that dont want him in the Hall of Fame, but i need a few answer from ppl that do, my topic has to be why pete rose should be in the hall of fame. what are some other reason i can argue to say why he should be, i have 1. His stats/records, 2. That ppl have done other things that are worse(tycobb and such)

any other topics i could use to say why he should be in would be greatly appreciated

Major League Rule 21 - MISCONDUCT

(d) BETTING ON BALL GAMES. Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year.

Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.

can u not read the ****in topic? i said i know thers ppl that dont want him in, but i have to argue why he should be, so dont post useless **** dude

Unfortunately, there is no reason Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame. Sorry to break it to you. He broke the rules!

Im sure there's plenty of ppl out there that dont want him in the Hall of Fame, but i need a few answer from ppl that do, my topic has to be why pete rose should be in the hall of fame. what are some other reason i can argue to say why he should be, i have 1. His stats/records, 2. That ppl have done other things that are worse(tycobb and such)

any other topics i could use to say why he should be in would be greatly appreciated

Pete Rose's stats don't even warrant a HOF entry. They are below average on most accounts.

I wouldn't go that far...worse have gotten in...but he still would be borderline...if he wouldn't have lied, cheated, and broken the rules.

boogsoftball, is hank aaron or ruth not worthy either then?

Babe Ruth? Are you kidding? He was worthy just on his pitching alone. The fact that he was the best player ever is secondary.

Rose had Hustle, and singles. That's about it.

Yeah, Rose was never much of a player, IMO. But considering he has the hit record, and most record holders get in, he would make it into the hall. But he doesn't deserve to.

Yeah, Rose was never much of a player, IMO. But considering he has the hit record, and most record holders get in, he would make it into the hall. But he doesn't deserve to.

I agree 100%.

Shoeless Joe Jackson deserves to be in the hall much more so than Pete Rose.

YES!

(and does he need shoes? I have an extra pair of cleats...)

both shoeless joe and rose deserve to be in the hof. other players have broken rules and gone in, but other than that he has the hits record and he was a great player. iirc, he played every position except catcher and pitcher in his career. he also played every game like it 2 out, bottom of the 9th, tie game, and if he dove head first into home they'd win the game. besides...

i'm a reds fan, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rose deserve to be in the hof.  other players have broken rules and gone in,

I'll agree shoeless needs to go in, because there was nothing proven that he had any idea about the scandal. Rose should not.

Other people may have broken rules, but none to the very core of the integrity of the game. What Rose did is unforgivable, and to deny it all this time, except for the time when he writes his second autobiography....which ironically, proved his first autobiography was as factual as a Michael Moore mockumentary.

I'll agree shoeless needs to go in, because there was nothing proven that he had any idea about the scandal. Rose should not.

Other people may have broken rules, but none to the very core of the integrity of the game. What Rose did is unforgivable, and to deny it all this time, except for the time when he writes his second autobiography....which ironically, proved his first autobiography was as factual as a Michael Moore mockumentary.

Actually, Rose deserves to be shot in a public forum - like they did back in the 20's and 30's...